• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC Help and Advice: BP A23322

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Hey there!
i really would love some help and/or advice here!
I am ordering a BP A23322 with Arabic numerals from trustytime!
The first watch was misaligned where the bezel “35” marker was not aligned to the dial “35.” It was prolly closer to 34 than 35! Also, the bezel markers were not as long on one side as most of the BP I have seen. They are usually pretty good at having the bezel markers stretching to the dial markers..
HOWEVER, the watch was running at only -2 seconds a day, so it was really hard to pass on the watch...

I asked trusty to PLEASE get me a couple more pictures where at least the white 60 arrow marker on the dial is aligned to the 60 red arrow marker on the bezel so I could measure how misaligned it was... the red arrow was slightly to the right of the 60 so it was hard to see...

instead of getting me new pics, he just decided to get me another watch...
After a full week of waiting on the second watch, it finally came...
...and yeah the exact same thing... I’m the arrows weren’t lined up so I couldn’t tell how aligned or mis aligned... and i could pretty much tell it was still mis aligned just not as bad as the first watch...
and to top it all off, the watch was running +8 seconds a day!!

what should I do?

cut ties and try another td who will listen better?
wait for pics of the arrows aligned? Ask for another watch even though I don’t want to wait a week??

Any advice or help???

Thanks In advance for your time!

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
That’s what happens when you start rejecting watches. You should have held on to the first watch. None of them will be perfect. I truly feel for these TDs.

Reactions: c_hall100

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Tucker You are truly one person I don’t care to comment on any of my posts. Please see yourself out!
I truly feel for how miserable your life must be to bully people on an online forum. Now fuck off

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Tucker You are truly one person I don’t care to comment on any of my posts. Please see yourself out!
I truly feel for how miserable your life must be to bully people on an online forum. Now fuck off

Wow. That’s just mean spirited. All that foul language. I was Just trying to help.

Seriously, how do you wipe your own arse each day. You don’t seem to be capable of making any decisions yourself. Let me guess, you are 16 or 17? There is no way an adult could be that clueless.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Jesus, you one unlucky fellow. First of all, you keep getting shitty watches from A TD. Then Tucker, the only person on the forum who you DON'T want to comment on your thread is the ONLY one to comment on your thread!

Don't buy any lottery tickets for a few days.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
GingerBubba ha! They weren’t totally shitty! Just enough to bug me and make me not want to own it... but ironically I own a ton of Seiko and and either don’t see their mis alignments or have been really lucky with them... but a mis aligned slide rule is too much for me..

When/if I start being unlucky there, I’ll be concerned, but for now I’m doing okay there...

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
GingerBubba gah I can’t get it straight today... “iif when I start being unlucky at work, I’ll be concerned, but for now I’m doing okay and having a bit of luck even with the business being down and slow...

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/2/19
That model- if it’s the one that I’m recalling- maybe some photos could help, has one of the busiest dials ever.

So I will not be so concerned about alignment- evenmore if you owned seikos sure you can live with that “flaw”

Last but not least you should check your manners.

Reactions: tkingjr

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
FREEWIFI yea I’ll give some photos.. and yeah I am concerned with the alignment and as I said, I don’t have any Seiko which are misaligned I guess I’m lucky there...

I would accept this level of mis alignment for sure, but both watches I’ve received were much more mis-aligned. I’m still waiting on pics with the arrows lined up on the second one so I can at least make a proper judgment call. I’m not looking for perfection but I don’t want the bezel totally fucked either...

as for my manners, If it were the first time this person had come on my posts with negative shit that provides no positive meaning to the discussion, I’d be inclined to agree with you... but it isn’t and I won’t stand for it on my own post... That’s how I see it and I could be wrong as I am a lot. There’s always the possibility I e confused him with someone else..

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
FREEWIFI yea I’ll give some photos.. and yeah I am concerned with the alignment and as I said, I don’t have any Seiko which are misaligned I guess I’m lucky there...

I would accept this level of mis alignment for sure, but both watches I’ve received were much more mis-aligned. I’m still waiting on pics with the arrows lined up on the second one so I can at least make a proper judgment call. I’m not looking for perfection but I don’t want the bezel totally fucked either...

as for my manners, If it were the first time this person had come on my posts with negative shit that provides no positive meaning to the discussion, I’d be inclined to agree with you... but it isn’t and I won’t stand for it on my own post... That’s how I see it and I could be wrong as I am a lot. There’s always the possibility I e confused him with someone else..
Keep running your mouth like you have and I will make sure nobody ruffles your feathers here anymore

sent from my noob v20 ultra

Reactions: tripdog and Tucker

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/2/19

Funny thing is that maybe this is your post, but it’s his forum somehow-

Because YES, he is a staff member and he uses his free time-for example- to deal with TDs if a user like you or me has a problem in the process of getting a watch, or looking after not getting scammed on the sales section. He also decides which members gets the right of creating “his posts” or who is able to come to this board.

So if you are confident buying your navitimer from a RWI TD it’s for people like him, and the time all of the staff team dedicates, so your answer shows a total lack of respect and I believe you owe an apologize (and I’m not the only one as you can see)

Lesson is that when you reject a watch, nobody guarantees the next one it’s going to be better- so it’s better not getting obsessed about 1mm displacement or +-2 sec/day. and try to find a balance.

Anyway this one to me seems good to go.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
and to top it all off, the watch was running +8 seconds a day!!
what should I do?
cut ties and try another td who will listen better?
wait for pics of the arrows aligned? Ask for another watch even though I don’t want to wait a week??
Any advice or help???

Re- calibrate your expectations and wash your mouth out with soap.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Here’s some advice: You don’t seem temperamentally suited to reps. Stick with Seikos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
He's not looking for perfect but he wants it perfectly lined up. A lot of watches come with alignment issues but this can be fixed through the forum experts. I would not reject the watch but i would get it serviced and realigned at the same time.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
That model ... has one of the busiest dials ever.
This. There's so much information on this watch's dial, the OP must have studied the pics for about a fortnight to come up with these niggles about minuscule issues. :)

And (as gets repeated over and over again), these are macro photos and rep watches: Perfection will never be found, and tiny flaws will never be seen during normal wear.

He's not looking for perfect but he wants it perfectly lined up.
Isn't that a bit contradictory beau? :)

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
FREEWIFI if that was the watch, I’d be good too. I thought we couldn’t post qc photos... that is just a stock photo from his website.

[Look, I don’t have to like the way he comments on my post. I do not care what his title is, he’s a bully.]

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
beau7816 it does not have to be perfect just acceptable. But some of the point was that I couldn’t get pics of it lined up to even see how mis aligned it was...