• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NAVITIMER 1 V7 VS Genuine

seafoam

20/9/09
The strap on Puretime's website is not the same strap in that video. PT strap is clearly stamped crocodile pattern on leather. The watches in this video look like 2 gens.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
The strap on Puretime's website is not the same strap in that video. PT strap is clearly stamped crocodile pattern on leather. The watches in this video look like 2 gens.

No its a GEn and a REP.
Its hard to tell but you can see that the hands are not as perfect on the REP.
And the dial is just a bit darker on the rep.

Last edited:
Reactions: seafoam

seafoam

20/9/09
No its a GEn and a REP.
Its hard to tell but you can see that the hands are not as perfect on the REP.
And the dial is just a bit darker on the rep.

Yeah i see that now. But the strap on PT site is shite. That would be the first thing that goes when I pick this up. Or hold out for the bracelet ;)

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Yeah i see that now. But the strap on PT site is shite. That would be the first thing that goes when I pick this up. Or hold out for the bracelet ;)

REP leather straps are never the same. maybe its quite good .... otherwise I will get a Hirscher or Camille Fournet strap.

I think I will give this watch a try at my next order.

Last edited:
Reactions: seafoam

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
REP leather straps are never the same. maybe its quite good .... otherwise I will get a Hirscher or Camille Fournet strap.

I think I will give this watch a try at my next order.

Which dial?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Which dial?

I can't decide. All of them look amazing. Just on blue there is a side by side comparison and I don't know how the other dials are compared to gen.
So I might wait for some more shots from the other dials.
Anyway I don't have a blue dial in my collection yet so might be worth to go blue.

Last edited:

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
No another comparison, only blue gen sample
I will go RG bezel grey dial look more accurate than blue .
d8968d26425b2c2fde20f203a2cb6bf5.jpg

298d562b08836991a3500c5a4dc00f6a.jpg

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
d8968d26425b2c2fde20f203a2cb6bf5.jpg

298d562b08836991a3500c5a4dc00f6a.jpg

Would be nice if you could share some qc for comparison when you get them. Thanks!

The sunburst seems a bit too strong. But it's hard to say if it's not next to the gen.

The blue they had the gen sample to replicate / manufacturing it from so I guess the closest to gen is the blue.

Last edited:

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Would be nice if you could share some qc for comparison when you get them. Thanks!

The sunburst seems a bit too strong. But it's hard to say if it's not next to the gen.

The blue they had the gen sample to replicate / manufacturing it from so I guess the closest to gen is the blue.

Blue under sunlight side by side big difference, I don’t trust any blue Rep with sunburst.

Reactions: Jammydodger79

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe

Have you placed your order yet and maybe have some QC pics to share from the Grey dial RG bezel?
would be awesome .... thanks

Last edited:

caprioles9000

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/17
Is the date wheel sunken. Or is it me.

Rgrds
M

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Blue under sunlight side by side big difference, I don’t trust any blue Rep with sunburst.

I see you have changed your original posts ! However i wished you have said the above when you originally posted the comparison pictures and videos, and declared it a new 'super rep' with others then chiming in and agreeing ! The consensus was then that BLUE was the way to go ,but there seems to have been some editing to this thread . Reason i have an order placed an order for the blue on the strength of the original thread :D.

Never mind i should keep my own council , never purchased a watch this early on release always wait to see if opinions change , Caveat emptor and all that . Personally i have looked at many comparison videos of the blue dial looks good to me . Personally the grey dial looks wrong too bright and the sunburst is too strong . Also that gold plate will soon rub where it is positioned on the bezel, especially one shaped like that .

Anyway time will tell , you live and learn .

Last edited:
Reactions: Time_Wizard

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
I see you have changed your original posts ! However i wished you have said the above when you originally posted the comparison pictures and videos, and declared it a new 'super rep' with others then chiming in and agreeing ! The consensus was then that BLUE was the way to go ,but there seems to have been some editing to this thread . Reason i have an order placed an order for the blue on the strength of the original thread :D.

Never mind i should keep my own council , never purchased a watch this early on release always wait to see if opinions change , Caveat emptor and all that . Personally i have looked at many comparison videos of the blue dial looks good to me . Personally the grey dial looks wrong too bright and the sunburst is too strong . Also that gold plate will soon rub where it is positioned on the bezel, especially one shaped like that .

Anyway time will tell , you live and learn .

I think Repworld was speaking generally. That blues often have this issue. I also think that the grey is too strong and has a slight purple hue in it.

From the side by side pictures and videos I really think the blue looks very good. I might pull the trigger next month.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I think Repworld was speaking generally. That blues often have this issue. I also think that the grey is too strong and has a slight purple hue in it.

From the side by side pictures and videos I really think the blue looks very good. I might pull the trigger next month.

Yes correct, but the grey very near from gen , I shared long time ago JJF Hublot Blue GEN VS REP dials , exactly same issue, don’t trust comparison ..