• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NaviTimer: 3 Reps; 3 Factories; 3 Different Feels!

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Okay!
I would love all thoughts, feedback and critiques of my takeaways from these 3 different NaviTimers!
I) JF - Blue Dial 01 [InTime]
2) Unknown Factory - Gray dial [TrustyTime]
3) BP World GMT - Black Dial [SuperMirrors]
First, I love all three!
I think the consensus is right in that the BP World has the Best, closest replication in looks of all three!
At least with the one I got, however, did not have the best build quality of the three!!!
A) First and foremost the movement in the BP was not as sharp and accurate as the other two movements and especially the chronograph!!!! Let me emphasize this the chronograph was not as crisp by any means!!
B) The bracelet on the BP, when I went to remove the links, the screw pin on side side of 3 out of 4 links was loose and coming out of one side... This was not the case on either the unknown factory or JF!
C) The fold over part of the bracelet with the breitling wings does not lock in place and therefore rattles a bit when watch moves around or jiggles!

With all that said relative to the BP, IT LOOKS AMAZING AND I LOVE IT AS THE ISSUES ATE VERY VERY MINUTE [except I’d the movement/chronograph craps out]

This “unknown factory” gray dial [which a lot of people from rwi really think it is coming from a bigger named factory but who knows... any input is welcome].
I have to say that I think the gray dial has a case for having the best movement.. in terms of accuracy of time and how smooth the chronograph operates, yet the JF keeps great time as well, but the crown is a little weird and does some strange stuff when setting the time...
Even though the gray dial “unknown factory” got A LOT WRONG in terms of the rep itself and copying the gen, I think it is the best overall “timepiece” with regard to build quality and finish!!
If only the crystal was better and bezel markings met the dial markings, it would be the best by FAR!!!
The JF May have ended up being the best rep in MOST areas if I had have went with the black dial as there’s an actual gen match to it... My big thing with the JF, like the unknown is obviously the sunken date wheel and the sub dial spacing...
The gray dial even seems to have more space between the Swiss made and the sub dial unlike the JF...
Also, the case back on the gray dial has deeper and what I feel to be better engraving...
So, yeah, the blue dial JF is beautiful, but the bezel does not line up to dial markings [alignment I mean] and the entire bezel/crystal is a bit loose in that it moves around ever so slightly, vertically, when using slide rule...

In conclusion: [I am talking the three SPECIFIC reps I was sent and not the factories as a whole]

If around watch guys, I’d feel a lot more confident with the BP world on my wrist as the ONLY thing I see different is how raised the wings are on the dial and how crisp, bright and raised the tan 2-24 number markers are on the dial...
The JF is the next best in replication of the gen for these three reps, but had solid build quality minus the flimsy vertically-moveable bezel and awkward crown pull/push..
The “unknown factory” is the least accurate replication of the gen, but has a solid solid case for the best built and quality “timepiece” of the three...

I would LOVE feedback from those breitling mavitimer owners and their experiences with these reps!!!

Lenny

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/11
I had the blue BP dial GMT world and I'e since sold it to a mate...it's a beautiful and seriously impressive watch. I loved it

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Lenny How was the build quality relative to other reps but most specifically any other navitimer reps?
i honestly kinda regret not getting the blue. I hear the black dial is the only “Super rep” bc the blue dial color is off, but yeah the color, whatever it is, is impressive..

Lenny

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/11
For me, the blue was the colour to get...it just ''pops'' and is beautiful. The quality of the rep was super. Even the strap was of decent quality...marry it up to a genuine strap and honestly, it looks very genuine. I did this for a few weddings a few years back - Unfortunately I have not owned any other Navitimer reps

Lenny

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/11
I've a gen super avenger with a number of gen straps ...both watches are 24mm so yes I alternated the GMT Navi between blue rubber, black calf and tan calf straps...looked the part

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Thanks, nice write-up. But...

:ttiwwop:

;)

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Thatwatchguy im thinking of getting the BP A23322. Is it 41.8 or 43? All td’s have 43.. I know gen is 41.8...

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Thatwatchguy Damn. that was the read!! I mean... he shot down everything... it felt like what reading a few pages from “Human, All too Human felt like those years ago..

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
I am going to edit this after my blue dial world comes in as I will be able to compare the GF as well as the BP A23322.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Here's a shot of the dial. The rehaut/bezel should even be turned a tiny bit counter-clockwise to make the 60 on 12 match although some of the other markers could need a clockwise rotation to match exactly. However, the red 10 marker is spot on in this position. It's not catastrophic, but could be executed better by Breitling.

FzM33.jpg

Last edited:

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20

Here's a shot of the dial. The rehaut/bezel should even be turned a tiny bit counter-clockwise to make the 60 on 12 match although some of the other markers could need a clockwise rotation to match exactly. However, the red 10 marker is spot on in this position. It's not catastrophic, but could be executed better by Breitling.

FzM33.jpg

I agree and for the rep I would consider this “spot on.”
my black dial BP world is really the one rep (other than my stratos gray unknown factory, which the markers don’t come close to making it to the dial, but it’s aligned great) I have that has very good aligned bezel. My a23322 is okay too I guess after the third try... My JF was bad off as with as a majority of JFs I’ve seen..
My BP blue dial world is off a smidge more than the black dial... and my GF is off a good bit..
look at this...
basically 13-45/50 is off, with the bottom being what really sticks out..