• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Superoceans released - thoughts?

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Found one on the gate...

Numerals suck, but better priced as the oxf :whistling-1:haha

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Well, as long as these crappy reps exist, we appreciate our reps more.

Reactions: tkingjr

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Darn it! I thought I was done for a long while. Just got a Premier and Avenger Bandit which pretty much completes my whole Breitling collection..... except for in a year or so when the new Chronomat comes out. Now I will have to get this Superocean (which I tried on in the store and it looks pretty darn good) once GF or someone else makes it. ZF did, in my opinion, a GF beating great job with the Navitimer 8 and was it V7 factory with the much under appreciated Transocean? Why do they always make the 44mm version though? Us small wristed want the 42mm. My Superocean II looks huge on my wrist.

jc0515

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/5/20
Boston
I like it better than the last version. I have an old gen SO, which I love. Never really got into the new era

Last edited:

Bilko

Alfaholic
16/6/09
Been waiting for this one to be launched but the numbers on the bezel are way off, check out the 30 on the gen against the rep, miles out the numbers on the dial are awful and the marker next to the date window is also awful , so disappointed that they could get it so wrong!!!!

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Darn it! I thought I was done for a long while. Just got a Premier and Avenger Bandit which pretty much completes my whole Breitling collection..... except for in a year or so when the new Chronomat comes out. Now I will have to get this Superocean (which I tried on in the store and it looks pretty darn good) once GF or someone else makes it. ZF did, in my opinion, a GF beating great job with the Navitimer 8 and was it V7 factory with the much under appreciated Transocean? Why do they always make the 44mm version though? Us small wristed want the 42mm. My Superocean II looks huge on my wrist.

ZF makes a SOII in 42mm. https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_144&products_id=18493

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Thanks, I always thought that was called the Superocean Abyss. I do have the noob 42mm version of that one and I'm so glad they actually made it in 42

I found it is safer to go by the model number, The first thing I do on any Breitling I an interested in is to check the number on BreitlingSource.com. Many times the factory will use the caseback from another model with the wrong number. Now Breitling renamed the watch SuperOcean 42
https://www.breitlingsource.com/watch_details/Superocean_224.html

korky7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/2/09
So Trusty has added all of these new tf breitlings and have videos foe all of them now. Are these even considered a high quality rep. They honestly look like they should be value rep. Its funny cause I tried ordering a gf black special and the pearl looked exactly like the tf just listed. I bet they are sharing parts????‍♂️

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
GF and TF are probably buying from the same pearl maker. I will ask about this. I think the factories source almost all the parts to the smaller factories. If GF or Noob were making all the parts themselves they could not hide a factory of that size.

Bilko

Alfaholic
16/6/09
Does anyway know if this has been updated to have a better bezel, really like the gen but the rep is dreadful