• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Blackbird TF vs GF ??

BadData

Known Member
12/2/19
Sunshine State
Looking fantastic really!

Thanks for the advices, you helped me alot!

I will check with my TD for the deployant clasp and for $40 it’s responsible price, since I found someone selling the same in AliExpress with good quality for around $110 the (btw the original one it cost-around $900 ????)

Regarding the strap I can order Gen BLACK DIVER PRO RUBBER STRAP from the local AD and it will cost-around $70, However I tried the GF REP strap in my previous SuperOcean Special and happy of the quality .

Again thanks for your help!
I think diver rubber strap is also $70 on the official site but make sure it is 22-20mm.

The rubber strap that came with GF was not bad at all, thick and feels pretty smooth. Way better quality than $3 eBay strap for sure :)

Jybreitling

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/20
Agree, the GF’s rubber straps are very good quality and no need to replace them , but it was my fault at the beginning when I ordered the Avenger Blackbird, as I should at that time to ask my TD to replace the BLACK DIVER PRO RUBBER Strap153S instead of 152S which already coming with watch.

Anyway, I ordered the new clasp from the TD as you advised and they will send to me soon !

Regarding the canvas I felt am very lucky that I like the rubber straps when I saw the price of the canvas straps, actually I can buy another new watch with canvas strap price ????.

Again thanks BadData for your help, definitely I will take your advise and order some of the $3 straps for the size test before I do the surgery on the original one!

Last edited:
Reactions: BadData

BadData

Known Member
12/2/19
Sunshine State
Agree, the GF’s rubber straps are very good quality and no need to replace them , but it was my fault at the beginning when I ordered the Avenger Blackbird, as I should at that time to ask my TD to replace the BLACK DIVER PRO RUBBER Strap153S instead of 152S which already coming with watch.

Anyway, I ordered the new clasp from the TD as you advised and they will send to me soon !

Regarding the canvas I felt am very lucky that I like the rubber straps when I saw the price of the canvas straps, actually I can buy another new watch with canvas strap price ????.

Again thanks BadData for your help, definitely I will take your advise and order some of the $3 straps for the size test before I do the surgery on the original one!
Glad to help and please post some pics once you get your watch

Jybreitling

18/8/20
Glad to help and please post some pics once you get your watch

Sure I will do, here some photos for the GF SuperOcean Black special

e19a8b13a02903c98bf0ef02cdcf2b8f.plist

c5309a1e9875d29a89b821dda2119bb1.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jybreitling

18/8/20
Today I received the princess , really amazing, am not expert here but I think GF they did very excellent job in this watch.

(Btw the clasps not shipped, will share with you another photos when I receive it)

03a16037c0d7464c8cb29acb55316a24.jpg

7c530006f30674fb428c39110ca185ef.jpg

f4ae6184632f67b731ecd15baa85d2ec.jpg

Alex-mtl

Horology Curious
9/12/15
Today I received the princess , really amazing, am not expert here but I think GF they did very excellent job in this watch.

(Btw the clasps not shipped, will share with you another photos when I receive it)

03a16037c0d7464c8cb29acb55316a24.jpg

7c530006f30674fb428c39110ca185ef.jpg

f4ae6184632f67b731ecd15baa85d2ec.jpg

Such a beauty! Enjoy it mate. I'm torn between the Blackbird and GMT Avenger 2.. Decisions! ????

BadData

Known Member
12/2/19
Sunshine State
Finally got my perfectly sized custom strap on a deployant clasp. I think it is pretty sick! it was a pain in the butt to size it properly but I love this clasp a lot. Adds a lot to the look and character of my blackbird.

if you are curious, the strap cost me $140, i got it on Etsy from VladStrap, really nice guy and he did a lot of canvas straps for Breitlings specifically.

I used cheap ebay strap for $3 to size dimensions but i advise to add another 4-5mm total because canvas strap is pretty thick (exactly how i wanted it to be and it really compliments the watch IMHO being that thick)

Reactions: EuroTime25

Jybreitling

18/8/20
Finally got my perfectly sized custom strap on a deployant clasp. I think it is pretty sick! it was a pain in the butt to size it properly but I love this clasp a lot. Adds a lot to the look and character of my blackbird.

if you are curious, the strap cost me $140, i got it on Etsy from VladStrap, really nice guy and he did a lot of canvas straps for Breitlings specifically.

I used cheap ebay strap for $3 to size dimensions but i advise to add another 4-5mm total because canvas strap is pretty thick (exactly how i wanted it to be and it really compliments the watch IMHO being that thick)

BadData, looks amazing with this Canvas strap and gave different look for the watch, enjoy !

Last edited:

Remborader

Known Member
2/11/19
UK
I’ve got one of these, bought it from sead about a year ago. I’m sure mine came with ZF tags? As there been a factory name change? It looks better with the deployment clasp. I might look into this ????. My only gripe is the crown sticks out to far and digs into the top of my hand.

WishItWasReal

Horology Curious
28/10/20
Va
BadData, Looks amazing with the strap. I might look into something like this myself as I am not a fan of the large Breitling lettering on the side. Just ordered mine as well. Excited to check it out. I was going to go with Remboarder's watch in for sale thread, but with the exchange rate opted for a new one.

BadData

Known Member
12/2/19
Sunshine State
BadData, Looks amazing with the strap. I might look into something like this myself as I am not a fan of the large Breitling lettering on the side. Just ordered mine as well. Excited to check it out. I was going to go with Remboarder's watch in for sale thread, but with the exchange rate opted for a new one.
Awesome, post some pics once you get it. Honestly looks even better than gen canvas strap

destiny500

21/5/19
Very nice watch I ordered today the same Watch from Intime , they sent me the QC photos, but I have two questions as am new here and hope you can help me :
- You mentioned that you ordered the deployant clasp from Hurricane and I want to order the same, please can you guide me how to order as I couldn’t find anything about Hurricane (Am a New member ☺️)
- Breitling logo in the Dial looking bright in the genuine photos in the internet, for the GF rep watches looking more dark, is it something to photos and lighting or this color difference is existing between rep vs gen?

Thanks in advance !

Idk about others here, but yes, I agree that the wings logo is too dark and dull. Come on GF, you are already on V4! Hence why I switched out my dial with another factory's one. Dial grain isn't as good as the stock V4 one, but even gen has variances on the grain, so I don't mind.

chefla

Horology Curious
5/1/19
Idk about others here, but yes, I agree that the wings logo is too dark and dull. Come on GF, you are already on V4! Hence why I switched out my dial with another factory's one. Dial grain isn't as good as the stock V4 one, but even gen has variances on the grain, so I don't mind.

Which factory are you referring to? ZF? I’m on the fence and can’t decide between the ZF and GF versions of this watch. Jybreitling’s GF looks pretty awesome to me. I guess I would be very happy with that quality. But I’m looking for some pros/cons (GF vs ZF). Can someone enlighten me?

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Which factory are you referring to? ZF? I’m on the fence and can’t decide between the ZF and GF versions of this watch. Jybreitling’s GF looks pretty awesome to me. I guess I would be very happy with that quality. But I’m looking for some pros/cons (GF vs ZF). Can someone enlighten me?

GF no question, much better.

Reactions: tkingjr

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17

Damn you got a good deployment, colour matches the watch well. I ordered one from the Hurricane and it was way too black not like the watch colour at all:(

I ended up just buying the gen blacksteel deployant so I guess I’m happy:D