• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Blackbird TF vs GF ??

colorao01

10/3/10
I had Blackbird GF and I sold, now I want to buy again the Blackbird, but I want to know some info about Blackbird TF factory becouse looks very well .

someboby knows something about TF version.

What factory choose for this model ?

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
GF hands down, the quality does not look good on some of their other releases but the blackbird remains a very solid release!

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
I know less about breitling than I would like, but I am also interested in this model. From what I saw on puretime, the GF version is made of titanium, and the TF is made of steel. As far as I understand, the right material is titanium?

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I know less about breitling than I would like, but I am also interested in this model. From what I saw on puretime, the GF version is made of titanium, and the TF is made of steel. As far as I understand, the right material is titanium?

Correct. Buy the GF version 4 known as V4. This is made from Ti with DLC coating. Same as Gen. You will be happy.

stavros21

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/12/19
Greece
Just picked up the Blackbird V4 today and i can tell you with any dought that its just GREAT watch.

BadData

Known Member
12/2/19
Sunshine State
nice! mine is coming too, just got QC pictures, cannot wait. I also got deployant clasp from Hurricane as I intend to get after market strap

newonboard

Omega&IWC
Supporter
Certified
5/5/19
EU
tkingjr you are an expert when it comes to Breitlings. I like the Avenger Blackbird very much. But most of the Hurricane. Do you think it is of poor quality? Which B. is the best for today? BA v4 GF?

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
tkingjr you are an expert when it comes to Breitlings. I like the Avenger Blackbird very much. But most of the Hurricane. Do you think it is of poor quality? Which B. is the best for today? BA v4 GF?

I didn't buy the Hurrican because the case is plastic with some fibers mixed in. Breitling and GF can give it a fancy name but when you are all said and done it is still plastic. If I wanted a plastic watch I would buy a swatch or cheap Casio. I have to add the fact that I make my living in the plastics industry. You can also find the thread on the GF Hurrican. when it was first released.

Jybreitling

18/8/20
nice! mine is coming too, just got QC pictures, cannot wait. I also got deployant clasp from Hurricane as I intend to get after market strap

Very nice watch I ordered today the same Watch from Intime , they sent me the QC photos, but I have two questions as am new here and hope you can help me :
- You mentioned that you ordered the deployant clasp from Hurricane and I want to order the same, please can you guide me how to order as I couldn’t find anything about Hurricane (Am a New member ☺️)
- Breitling logo in the Dial looking bright in the genuine photos in the internet, for the GF rep watches looking more dark, is it something to photos and lighting or this color difference is existing between rep vs gen?

Thanks in advance !

BadData

Known Member
12/2/19
Sunshine State
Very nice watch I ordered today the same Watch from Intime , they sent me the QC photos, but I have two questions as am new here and hope you can help me :
- You mentioned that you ordered the deployant clasp from Hurricane and I want to order the same, please can you guide me how to order as I couldn’t find anything about Hurricane (Am a New member ☺️)
- Breitling logo in the Dial looking bright in the genuine photos in the internet, for the GF rep watches looking more dark, is it something to photos and lighting or this color difference is existing between rep vs gen?

Thanks in advance !

hi,

you can just ask your TD to sell you deployant clasp from this watch - avenger hurricane
https://puretimewatch.io/avenger-hu...n-yellow-dial-on-black-nylon-strap-a7750.html

my TD sold it to me for $40.

Please note you will have to get a custom strap that will have precise length. I am getting canvas one and will need to provide my strap guy exact length for both pieces from pin to pin. This is really hard because if you make a mistake, you are screwed. The best advise was here on forum to get $3 cheap rubber strap from Ebay and cut it to the size you like - i ended up getting 2 of these as I cut my first one too short.

This saved me a costly mistake as my custom canvas strap will cost me $120, some good makers charge as high as $200 for it.

Now the clasp is awesome, highly recommend it. But wanted you to be aware that it will involve some work from you.

I cannot answer your second question as I did not see gen in person, but blackbird from GF is considered to be superrep i think and looks and feels awesome. Very high quality piece for sure.

Good luck!

Reactions: Jybreitling

Jybreitling

18/8/20
Looking fantastic really!

Thanks for the advices, you helped me alot!

I will check with my TD for the deployant clasp and for $40 it’s responsible price, since I found someone selling the same in AliExpress with good quality for around $110 the (btw the original one it cost-around $900 ????)

Regarding the strap I can order Gen BLACK DIVER PRO RUBBER STRAP from the local AD and it will cost-around $70, However I tried the GF REP strap in my previous SuperOcean Special and happy of the quality .

Again thanks for your help!