• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BReitling Bentley GT date/calender wheel colour

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
Hi guys, I have just had the QC pics for a Bentley GT and noticed the date wheel both day and date are a bright red on Friday, so I am assuming this is wrong? I googled images of the GT and looked at members' wrist shots and I cant see red calender wheels.... Can anyone confirm if BReitling did make a model with red printed date wheels please? This is from a TD and someone I bought a Tag off a few years back so I'm not questioning the TD just wondering how accurate this is...?

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
What is the number on the caseback? I have seen some models with a red day and date wheel.

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
Hello, the only number I can see on the QC photos is A13362 - there possibly is another number lower down but its not readable. Do you/have you seen any genuine GTs with red day/dates? I don't want to spend a shed load of cash for something that has a glaring "tell" up front and centre - really appreciate your stepping up and offering your experience.

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
a lot of googling has brought up models with a very dark red/brown font.....my QC model was showing Friday in a fairly bright red...not sure if I would be OK to upload it with it being a QC picture and all?

Last edited:

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
For this model depending on the dial color, some date wheels are dark red. If it isn't the same shade then I can understand where you're coming from but keep in mind this is just a day and date wheel on a fairly known model. I can guarantee that not one person will remember the color, let alone the shade of the discs.

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK

really tempted to reject it as the bright red will be on the face every day, especially as the numerals don't match the text in line thickness...

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
It's up to you, in the end you'll be the one wearing it. If you really like the watch don't let a minor detail stop you. If you're not too sure and might prefer another model an exchange would be best.

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Here are both reps and gens I’ve owned:

907vk.png

90ROJ.png

90Nzo.png

90bGL.png

The QC pic is not of the good BP version. I would press your TD for something better. These were on sale for $288 for the longest time.

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
Thank you very much for your time and advice. I'll ask about the BP version, unfortunately I think my taste in Breitlings are just past the TD stock sell by date - feels like no one is making these models anymore.

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Thank you very much for your time and advice. I'll ask about the BP version, unfortunately I think my taste in Breitlings are just past the TD stock sell by date - feels like no one is making these models anymore.

BP was the only factory making a decent one. And it’s more than decent. It’s a very good rep and a quality piece. If you get a good one you won’t be sorry. You’ve actually made me consider getting another one!

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
Ok so the td is telling me that the piece in the QC pic is from BP so I'm at a loss as I don't have the expertise to question him. My wu funds are still unclaimed after nearly a week so I have no doubts on the td in that regard. Maybe it was one of BPs earlier attempts who knows. I'm tempted to just take it as I've decided to get gens to put away in display boxes and wear the reps with pride and when someone sneers stick it up their arse with a picture of the real thing safe and sound in a box???? . Going to cost a few pennies but as we are now seeing.....life is too short. Hoard watches rather than cash????

Last edited:

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
Ok so the td is telling me that the piece in the QC pic is from BP so I'm at a loss as I don't have the expertise to question him. My wu funds are still unclaimed after nearly a week so I have no doubts on the td in that regard. Maybe it was one of BPs earlier attempts who knows. I'm tempted to just take it as I've decided to get gens to put away in display boxes and wear the reps with pride and when someone sneers stick it up their arse with a picture of the real thing safe and sound in a box???? . Going to cost a few pennies but as we are now seeing.....life is too short. Hoard watches rather than cash????
Financially this wouldn't be the best idea. Try sending the picture of OldNavi's watch to the TD and inquire about this specific version with the correct date wheel, if he doesn't have it in stock you can always accept the old watch or exchange for another model.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Mine has the dark red/brown date wheel. This isn't the correct date wheel? To be honest I'm not sure I noticed, lol It was the BP version from TrustyTime for 288.00 now. It's a fantastic rep. Mine looked sky/royal blue on the website but in videos you can tell it's teal or greenish blue. It even has kind of a glidelock type adjustable clasp or whatever rolex calls the ones that have that single 5mm adjustment link. I needed it and it fits perfectly now.

6e7nk.jpg

6eEuo.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: genericvalue

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Mine has the dark red/brown date wheel. This isn't the correct date wheel? To be honest I'm not sure I noticed, lol It was the BP version from TrustyTime for 288.00 now. It's a fantastic rep. Mine looked sky/royal blue on the website but in videos you can tell it's teal or greenish blue. It even has kind of a glidelock type adjustable clasp or whatever rolex calls the ones that have that single 5mm adjustment link.

Yes you have the right one with the correct date wheel - you can tell by the squared off numbers whose shape fills the date window. This is the best BP version. I’ve bought several from Andrew and they are excellent. The bracelet has the foldout extension similar to the EasyLink extension that Rolex has on some of their bracelets. To me, this was the best quality rep Breitling bracelet anyone has made.

Reactions: genericvalue

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
meanwhile elsewhere in RWI one thing led to another and I stumbled across https://trustytime.shop/index.php?ma...ducts_id=16842

Now I'm tempted to buy this one and keep the best one!! This is a good price, comes with a strap. MY only concern is whether the dial at 6 is a dummy or working as it seems fixed in the stills....

It will be working trust me. It has the A7750 movement. Now you got me looking at white ones. I have a ton of reps and about 20 Breitling reps and OldNavitimer is right it is the best bracelet of them so far. It wears great for the size too. One of my favorite reps which surprised because nobody is talking about it. it needs to make a comeback :)

Last edited:

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
Against my better judgement I goddam ordered it. :):). Someone tell my wife I didn't mean to. That and a Sea Dweller, for crying out loud: it was on a special offer, what was I supposed to do :D