• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Super Avenger (A7750 QUIT WORKING) What to replace with??

CaptTango1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/1/20
United States
Hello folks, I am looking for some guidance. I recently bought a Super Avenger from another member here. The A7750 movement stopped working and I would like to replace it. Can anyone tell me what movement would be a direct swap? I don't mind another A7750, however it seems that there is so many variance that I am confused and don't know which one to get. Thanks for the help.

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
Are you sure a service won't work? If you are feeling adventurous, you can replace the movement with an ETA7750 which will definitely last a lot longer.

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
I'd be interested to know who you get to perform the surgery and what the costs are for future reference...let us know how you get on please?

Last edited:

CaptTango1

Banned
11/1/20
United States
Are you sure a service won't work? If you are feeling adventurous, you can replace the movement with an ETA7750 which will definitely last a lot longer.

The movement seems like it's on life support. Works for a min or two then stops, then starts up again. Plus for some odd reason the chrono will not reset to the same spot, ever... forget about resetting to zero. It will not reset to any spot more then once. Also the power reserve was 6/8 hours. So i decided it be best to just replace the movement. This is my first DIY project so I'm up for the challenge. I might replace it with the ETA A7750 movement plus Gen dial and Gen hands. Should keep me busy during this quarantine fiasco... Will advise...

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
I might replace it with the ETA A7750 movement plus Gen dial and Gen hands. Should keep me busy during this quarantine fiasco...
Will definitely keep you busy, if you're going for gen dial and hands, why not go all out and get the B13?

CaptTango1

Banned
11/1/20
United States
I just ordered a gen dial, gen hands, and an ETA Valjoux 7750 movement. Looking forward to getting the parts and putting everything together. Should be a nice working piece once done.

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
CaptTango - good luck with your DIY efforts! I too have started ordering some basic tools with a view to resurrecting a couple of ebay super cheapies not worthy of mention in these hallowed forums to cut my teeth on. I also aspire to service a Hermle wall clock one day too as a related hobby interest! Right now I am still getting to grips and researching lubricants and greases. :)

CaptTango1

Banned
11/1/20
United States
CaptTango - good luck with your DIY efforts! I too have started ordering some basic tools with a view to resurrecting a couple of ebay super cheapies not worthy of mention in these hallowed forums to cut my teeth on. I also aspire to service a Hermle wall clock one day too as a related hobby interest! Right now I am still getting to grips and researching lubricants and greases. :)

I guess starting with wall clock is a good practice. on a larger scale. I dont have the guts to actually service a movement, but to change out the dial, hands, crystal, and the movement should not be all that difficult for starters.. We shall see.. thank god for youtube. Good luck with your projects as well, looks like we have time to do it all now.

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
I see you are in NJ...I have a cousin in NJ who is sitting on an Orient Ray II for me: seller is in the US so I had it delivered to my cousin as he was due to visit the UK in April.....looks like it could be a while before I get my watch.

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
I just ordered a gen dial, gen hands, and an ETA Valjoux 7750 movement. Looking forward to getting the parts and putting everything together. Should be a nice working piece once done.

This is your best avenue. I just had this done on mine and it is a drastic improvement to me. You could also try for a gen DW as well if you have any issues with the rep wheel, but if not, the rep wheel is pretty good.

eZcOp.jpg

CaptTango1

Banned
11/1/20
United States
This is your best avenue. I just had this done on mine and it is a drastic improvement to me. You could also try for a gen DW as well if you have any issues with the rep wheel, but if not, the rep wheel is pretty good.

eZcOp.jpg

Wow that looks beautiful. I ordered the same dial. Went from a white to blue, the white dial was just something I could not get used to, and the wings on this dial just pop. Very nice.. I'll send a pic once I have mine done, and I can figure out how to upload pics on here lol.

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
and I can figure out how to upload pics on here lol

Pretty easy if you're on a PC, click on the picture icon circled in red and a pop up will appear. All you have to do is to drag or select the image you want to upload, click on upload and you're done, the script will appear in the post box!

CaptTango1

Banned
11/1/20
United States

There ya go, my first uploaded picture. This is my SA white dial that quit working.. New pics of the gen dial hands and movement coming soon.

CaptTango1

Banned
11/1/20
United States
Pretty easy if you're on a PC, click on the picture icon circled in red and a pop up will appear. All you have to do is to drag or select the image you want to upload, click on upload and you're done, the script will appear in the post box!

THANKS!!!!

Reactions: Watch-Out

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China

Can you send me the link you used to place your order? I want to make sure I don't order the wrong item. I have an H Factory SA with a Gen dial. I want to change the movement and add the Gen hands. Thanks in advance

CaptTango1

Banned
11/1/20
United States
Can you send me the link you used to place your order? I want to make sure I don't order the wrong item. I have an H Factory SA with a Gen dial. I want to change the movement and add the Gen hands. Thanks in advance

I ordered everything from eBay. The 7750 movement is the one used in pretty much all the chrono watches. The ETA 7750 is the one you want for the reliability. Specs should be the same. And same with the hands. I am guessing that they should fit. I guess I’ll find out soon.

Sent from the RWI App

CaptTango1

Banned
11/1/20
United States
Well, my super avenger is finally done.

The following is my cost breakdown:

Watch: M2M $160
Gen Dial: Ebay $300
Gen Hands: Ebay $100
ETA Valjoux 7750 movement: Ebay $275