• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Premier finally released!

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Aesthetics aside, The blue screws thing... I just wish I understood why. They laser, then emboss, then gild the bridge. But when it’s time to go get the hardware: blue screws... what? Why?!

This is something I've really struggled to understand. I currently have three BP Navi movements and two JF Navi movements. Three have blue screws and two do not. So it is possible to NOT have the blue screws...but why does every display back model get them?? It's something that has bothered me for quite some time. Apparently, in the different grades of ETA 7750 movements, there is a top grade with blue screws and geneva wave finish. This is the version the Chinese sought to emulate. Lucky us. SMH

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
My Breitling Premier B01 Chronograph 42 Grey GF AB0118 finally arrived 2 weeks ago, this week my Gen bracelet arrived. My thanks to OldNavitmer for helping me figure out the correct bracelet. I also have the Blue version on order. This watch is better than I expected.

That is absolutely stunning on the bracelet! I must take a hammer to the piggy bank and get one for myself. Congrats!

Reactions: tkingjr and P@t

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Stunning it is. Now what do I do with my Blue dial? Buy another 452A our use the less than stunning strap that comes with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Stunning it is. Now what do I do with my Blue dial? Buy another 452A our use the less than stunning strap that comes with it?

I would look at a custom stingray strap from HDStraps.com Hoang Dat (Tuan Vu) does amazing work for very affordable prices.

Reactions: saucin

noel2017

Horology Curious
28/5/17
I don't mean to offend you, but I probably will....

I see this sort of comment from people far too often and I think it is totally ridiculous. 1st off there is no tell on the back of any watch that is a dead giveaway, it is on the back of the watch. How many people have x-ray vision? Furthermore even if it was in plain sight, what % of these people have ever in their lives seen this model, in person or even in pics? Of those, how many would be able to remember what movement the gen has, much less be able to identify it. Even if they could identify the movement, could they really remember how it was decorated and what color a couple tiny screws were? Come on... give me a break! This is NOT a dead giveaway!

btw, I have no stake in this watch. This model is a beautiful watch & I would pick one up if the datewheel wasn't so obviously sunken. Personally, I wouldn't even be worried about someone noticing the extra thickness or the sunken datewheel, I just think it looks ugly.

If you had said the sunken datewheel was a dead giveaway I would cut you some slack, but come on for real some little screws on the back of a watch? Why would you even bring it up?

No offence taken, we're all entitled to our opinion and your's is equally valid.

But,​ ​​​I did caveat that it's only a give away with the watch off...

To the point you made about most people not noticing, correct most won't but it only takes one... and depends on the circles you travel in.

For example I work in a bank where many people would have genuine luxury watches. One of the first watches I bought myself was a Rotary Chronospeed, an homage to the navitimer, and from a distance could be mistaken for one. I was asked by a senior person if it was in fact a breitling and showed it to him and got shoffed at immediately!

So some people do notice these things and some people ask for a closer look (not out of malice but curiosity and interest theres a lot of horological nerds our there).

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

May I ask were you purchased your 452A from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
I would look at a custom stingray strap from HDStraps.com Hoang Dat (Tuan Vu) does amazing work for very affordable prices.

Those stingray straps look awesome, very unique. Thanks for sharing! I’ll probably pick one up :)

What are you thoughts on the Milanese mesh bracelets for the B01?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Last edited:
Reactions: saucin

Nick010

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
31/3/20
Rotterdam
This watch really looks good on a bracelet! Hows the weight on it? Is it top heavy or a easy wear?

Last edited:

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
My Blue dial Breitling Premier B01 Chronograph by GF arrived today. I knew it was inbound last night so I checked eBay for a Gen 452A bracelet. Unexpectedly I found one for a reasonable price. It is due to arrive on Monday.

Last edited:

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
My Blue dial Breitling Premier B01 Chronograph by GF arrived today.

Pics or it didn't happen!
Let's see the blue dial with the rep strap, please...inquiring minds want to know!

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
wait, someone has the blue dial???

oh, and guys I have my navitimer BP a23322 blue dial for sale...
I’m kinda offended it hasn’t sold yet.. But that’s prolly Bc the strap broke the second day so I’m having to sell it with a mismatch ss bracelet