• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Premier finally released!

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
BSW0406A.jpg

Andrew at Trusty (I know...just don't.) has just posted four variations of the new Breitling Premier chrono on his site. Other than the sunken date wheel, this thing looks the biz. Quality looks to be VSF or GF. I'm awaiting more details shortly...

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
Emailed puretime for the 40mm Premier in blue a few days ago, the replica gods answered my prayers in some way.

Reactions: verno75

vicad

Renowned Member
14/6/15
Quality looks amazing, 10 x better than the last navitimer GF released.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
The green looks good, barley notice the date wheel!

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Pricey? The Noob Pepsi is pricey. This seems to be in line with most new release chronographs. The case is a custom job...no other watch is like it. It’s not going to sell like a Submariner, so I can understand the price point.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I'll buy one for sure. Not sure about the date wheel. Looks less pronounced/obvious on the darker colored date wheels.

I guess I don't fully understand the sunken date wheel. Can someone that knows explain why it has to be this way? Is there a reasonable fix for this?

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
The fix is for someone to rep the 7753 movement so the minute register is natively at 3. That way you wouldn’t need a transfer gear to move the register to the three. It’s that gear which adds extra space and is between the dial and the date wheel.

Simonix

7/3/20
UK
I’ve been looking to see if these would arrive to the rep scene! So glad they have.

I have seen a gen in a local jewellers in green though, and it’s a lot darker and more “olive” in tone, than the green used in the rep by the looks of it.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I’ve been looking to see if these would arrive to the rep scene! So glad they have.

I have seen a gen in a local jewellers in green though, and it’s a lot darker and more “olive” in tone, than the green used in the rep by the looks of it.

Please don't take this as an insult as it is not meant to be.... As you are new you likely don't know this.

Usually when you see different shades of a color in pictures online it has more to do with the lighting and the person taking the pictures than it does with the actual color. I would NOT make any sort of judgment on the likeness of the green or any of the other colors until I saw side by side pics of both the gen and rep taken by the same person with the same camera settings in the same controlled lighting.

I'm not saying you didn't see a different color green at the AD than you see in pics, but I am saying they are likely to be much closer than you think.

Trust me on this one....

Last edited:

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
The fix is for someone to rep the 7753 movement so the minute register is natively at 3. That way you wouldn’t need a transfer gear to move the register to the three. It’s that gear which adds extra space and is between the dial and the date wheel.

Thanks! That makes sense, but wouldn't there be a way to add some sort of "washer" under the date wheel to raise it up and make it closer to the dial?

I guess thinking about how a date wheel works it has teeth on it, right? Of course it does, so the washer would also have to have teeth on it. Still, I don't see why GF or whoever wouldn't do this.

What about adding a thin overlay date donut that is the same thickness as the extra gear?

Simonix

7/3/20
UK
Please don't take this as an insult as it is not meant to be.... As you are new you likely don't know this.

Usually when you see different shades of a color in pictures online it has more to do with the lighting and the person taking the pictures than it does with the actual color. I would NOT make any sort of judgment on the likeness of the green or any of the other colors until I saw side by side pics of both the gen and rep taken by the same person with the same camera settings in the same controlled lighting.

I'm not saying you didn't see a different color green at the AD than you see in pics, but I am saying they are likely to be much closer than you think.

Trust me on this one....

Duly noted. I agree. White balance can make a big difference in photos (I do photography as a hobby as well as spend silly money on rep watches! Haha).

Was surprised at how “bright” the green appears on the TD site though. The strap included.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
...White balance can make a big difference in photos ......

Exactly...

A lot of new members have no idea about this and they read all these posts about people saying this one isn't the right shade of color etc and it just isn't so. In some cases "some" of the bitchin about the colors is justified, but in most it is not.

Reactions: Simonix

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
6659c887fb4baa861166fc046dbb563e.jpg

Gen.. aside from the slightly more sunken de and almost 2mm extra thickness this watch looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Gen.. aside from the slightly more sunken de and almost 2mm extra thickness this watch looks great!

13.65 vs 15 is significant, but it isn't quite as bad as the 2mm you suggest. Don't get me wrong, I would like it a lot better at 14 vs 15 that it is reported on Trusty

Last edited: