• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Premier finally released!

djbenson

MULTI ACCOUNT
3/4/15
It’s a nice thing, feels well built!
19588fa88b4eda7064c4ad5db0473e1e.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Azazel

Los Supportos
Supporter
Certified
12/11/18
EU
This model has only one issue, strap, unreal hard to bend it..
Also crown isnt crewable, water resistant is questionable..

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
This model has only one issue, strap, unreal hard to bend it..
Also crown isnt crewable, water resistant is questionable..

Well that strap that the chinaman installs on a rep is crap! If it isn't plastic then it is some sort of cat skin...idk. Anyway it is garbage. If you have a nice leather strap made, which is what I would do, then do you really want to go swimming with it? Leather isn't really meant to be mixed with water anyway, but even if you do then a screw down crown wouldn't be any different than one that doesn't screw down unless it was not seated properly. The o-ring in there is what makes it water tight, not the screws down part

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Last edited:
Reactions: Azazel

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Simply its not a diver don't get it wet
This, but if you do

I think the threads help...

Many years ago I worked at a place where they made high pressure inflation valves ranging from a few hundred psi all the way up to 5000psi. pieces were always fit together with o-rings and some sort of screw down threads. From my experience I would say that threads alone offer almost no water resistance at all. As another piece of evidence typical house water pressure operates at between 45-80 psi which isn't much. 50psi is roughly 5 ATM or 50ft in the watch world and have you ever taken your garden hose and screwed it into the fawcet without the little washer in there? Try it sometime and get back to me with how well it works or you can just take my word when I tell you that you are going to get wet, real wet.

The idea of a screw down thread on a crown is just to make sure that crown stays in the seated position where the o-ring will do it's job. When the crown is pulled out, like when you are setting the watch, the o-ring will be out of position and water can get in there.

Reactions: stufuse

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
yea i really like their quilted straps, but i'd like to keep using my deployant clasp.. and the quilted one comes with a simple pin clasp.. don't know if they're interchangeable..

I understand that, I like deployments,
how do you find the thickness of the watch? I'm not bothered that it thicker than the gen but I don't like watches that are too chunky, I'm wondering how it compares to a watch like a planet ocean for example

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
I was at a AD the other day and paid close attention to the datewheel gap. I noticed the white one seemed flush whilst the green and grey one really looked like they had a gap as well.

This seems very unlikely. Probably it's just because of the color difference. (But I swear, it really looked different) As I mentioned before, the white one has a silver colored bezel around the datewindow whilst the other don't. I tried to make a photo. But couldn't make a descent one.
​​​​​

Last edited:

mac83

9/7/13
Can anyone confirm the thickness compared to gen ?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
All these years and they can’t just make a 7753 clone, it’d fix the many reps they make as most are based on the tricompax layout now. It’s just a ugly flaw and is a dead give away, hope they rep the new top time could probably get away with Ugly 7750/7753 with no hour counter or date

guillaumelagier

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/20
mine really very happy
, the dial is beautiful very close to gen the only flaw of the dial in my opinion is that it does not have the color khaki brown has gen from certain angles, the thickness does not bother me not.
mac83 mr, on watchbox videos youtube gen is 13.80, 14.00 mm, GF is 15.50mm.

Mixcoast

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/16
White one is out of stock... Don’t know how long it takes before another batch.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

noel2017

Horology Curious
28/5/17
The blue screws on the movement are a dead give away, granted only of you take it off your wrist.

The date doesn't appeared much more sunken than the gen. This could be improved in a V2 if they boxed it off or made the dial look thicker there.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
The blue screws on the movement are a dead give away.........

I don't mean to offend you, but I probably will....

I see this sort of comment from people far too often and I think it is totally ridiculous. 1st off there is no tell on the back of any watch that is a dead giveaway, it is on the back of the watch. How many people have x-ray vision? Furthermore even if it was in plain sight, what % of these people have ever in their lives seen this model, in person or even in pics? Of those, how many would be able to remember what movement the gen has, much less be able to identify it. Even if they could identify the movement, could they really remember how it was decorated and what color a couple tiny screws were? Come on... give me a break! This is NOT a dead giveaway!

btw, I have no stake in this watch. This model is a beautiful watch & I would pick one up if the datewheel wasn't so obviously sunken. Personally, I wouldn't even be worried about someone noticing the extra thickness or the sunken datewheel, I just think it looks ugly.

If you had said the sunken datewheel was a dead giveaway I would cut you some slack, but come on for real some little screws on the back of a watch? Why would you even bring it up?

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
I don’t know bro, the blue screws and the sunken date too me are similar problems. Again, “to me” the person who owns the watch. The blue screws kind of bother me for the same two reasons the dw bothers me: it is very different aesthetic, and it is a suggests the makers gave up 90% of the way there. I appreciate that my opinion is from a guy in the bleachers commenting on a game that I couldn’t play myself. But hey, I’m entitled to have an opinion.

Aesthetics aside, The blue screws thing... I just wish I understood why. They laser, then emboss, then gild the bridge. But when it’s time to go get the hardware: blue screws... what? Why?!

Then the sunken date wheel. We have the 7750, why not just go that extra few yards and make a s 7753? It would fix so many problems and open up better quality reps for 55% of the chrono market.

Look, this is like arguing why Brady should have passed left but damnit it, this is an Internet forum and complain about things that we normies have no control over is why they invented the post button

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Then the sunken date wheel. We have the 7750, why not just go that extra few yards and make a s 7753? It would fix so many problems and open up better quality reps for 55% of the chrono market........

On this point we can agree 100%

I would have to think that with all the chronos an Asian 7753 would open up would make it worth their while to clone it. To me, the rep makers do a lot of stupid shit, and not cloning that movement is just another one in a long list.

Unfortunately, why they don't clone it seems likely to remain a mystery for the foreseeable future.