• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A Breitling Noob...

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Never really paid too much attention to them.. have had Gens and Reps from other brands but never a Breitling.. however this one got my attention...
Whats the model? And is there a good rep of this out?

Excuse my noobishness on this matter...

Toni-CH

Horology Curious
31/1/19
Yurup
Here is one of my recent buys. I added a black nylon strap with a black steel deployant. Give me some ideas of what else you like.

https://www.trustytime02.cc/index.ph...ducts_id=20256
Wow, that is a great looking watch! Didn't know they make DLC-coatings. Anybody know if it is a real DLC? Take a screwdriver and try to scratch it! ;)

Some black/grey/green/khaki sailcloth/canvas strap would look great on it IMO.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Wow, that is a great looking watch! Didn't know they make DLC-coatings. Does anybody know if it is a real DLC? Take a screwdriver and try to scratch it! ;)

Some black/grey/green/khaki sailcloth/canvas strap would look great on it IMO.

I believe the coating is real but I haven't tried scratching my watch. When the black watches first released the coat was PVD. PVD is not as good as DLC and looks like paint.

Toni-CH

Horology Curious
31/1/19
Yurup
Yes, I've seen PVD wear through many times, even on gen watches. I have planned to get a watch case DLC-coated locally but as its quite expensive it would be interesting to hear some real life experiences on its durability. But, I guess its early days and no wear should be visible at this stage?

LH44

Horology Curious
10/1/20
I have 2 gen watches that I had PVD coated, My everyday watch is a gen 2008 sub which I had PVD coated for $1100 in 2012. To this day there isn't a visible scratch, nic dent or anything discernible to the naked eye and it has been handled roughly. PVD coating is expensive to have it done properly ($1k and up). They take every link of the bracelet apart and the case as well, then they bead blast and put it through a long process. DLC is a similar process except it comes out with a shiny finish instead of matte black.

- With that said I'm looking for a rep Daytona that looks like its PVD coated (so matte black bracelet and case). Feel free to point me in the right direction if anyone has seen a good one.