• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help to choose

lividity91

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/11/19
I have been waiting for quite a while, but I have decided to get black steel breitling, and I have question regarding the quality between these two, and which one is more gen like.

Here is the first pick:
Avenger II GMT BlackSteel DLC/TI/NY Black GF V2 A2836
https://www.trustytime02.cc/index.p...=19643&zenid=78ada81fcce260cb7a383472f8be9b52

Second pick: Avenger BlackBird 44mm DLC/TI/RU Black GF V4 A282
https://www.trustytime02.cc/index.p...=20561&zenid=78ada81fcce260cb7a383472f8be9b52

Thanks in advance!

lividity91

23/11/19

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I have PVD, DLC, and BlackSteel watches. The DLC and BlackSteel hold up well. I don’t like the PVD because it looks like paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
I have PVD, DLC, and BlackSteel watches. The DLC and BlackSteel hold up well. I don’t like the PVD because it looks like paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
mind linking up the link to TD with it?

Nobody wants to spoon-feed new members. If we do you don't learn anything. Your first link is not for the watch you listed. Avenger II GMT BlackSteel DLC/TI/RU Black GF V2 A2836
Here is the link I think you want. https://www.trustytime02.cc/index.p...=20560&zenid=78ada81fcce260cb7a383472f8be9b52

If this is the watch you want, send the link to Puretime so they can find it. Here is the link to Puretime that is not a fake site. https://puretimewatch.io/

I send links from other TD's to my fav TD all the time. Make sure you ask for the GF version as the link I gave you shows.

lividity91

23/11/19
Nobody wants to spoon-feed new members. If we do you don't learn anything. Your first link is not for the watch you listed. Avenger II GMT BlackSteel DLC/TI/RU Black GF V2 A2836
Here is the link I think you want. https://www.trustytime02.cc/index.p...=20560&zenid=78ada81fcce260cb7a383472f8be9b52

If this is the watch you want, send the link to Puretime so they can find it. Here is the link to Puretime that is not a fake site. https://puretimewatch.io/

I send links from other TD's to my fav TD all the time. Make sure you ask for the GF version as the link I gave you shows.

Thanks!

How come blackbird cost more? And since it's v4, would it be more gen like than gmt?

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
If the watch is from a good factory and sells well the price creeps upward. I paid $318 in March 2017 for a V1 then waited months for V2 release because when the V1 arrived I rejected it. The crown was made of steel so it was gauling the threads on the titanium watch. The DLC coating on the crown was black. Plus the model number was wrong. Many times the complaints from our members prompt the factory to fix the errors. If you bought the watch without the knowledge of this forum you would never know about the errors or what factory to buy from.

The V4 from GF is now $368 vs. ANF's lower price of $308. Then you have ZF in the middle at $348. GF is worth the extra money.

Here is a photo with the correct caseback, correct crown, and steel crown that is black. The watch was first released as an M17133. The correct model is V17133.

aDYKI.jpg
aDy1c.jpg
aD1MX.jpg

Last edited:

lividity91

23/11/19
If the watch is from a good factory and sells well the price creeps upward. I paid $318 in March 2017 for a V1 then waited months for V2 release because when the V1 arrived I rejected it. The crown was made of steel so it was gauling the threads on the titanium watch. The DLC coating on the crown was black. Plus the model number was wrong. Many times the complaints from our members prompt the factory to fix the errors. If you bought the watch without the knowledge of this forum you would never know about the errors or what factory to buy from.

The V4 from GF is now $368 vs. ANF's lower price of $308. Then you have ZF in the middle at $348. GF is worth the extra money.

Here is a photo with the correct caseback, correct crown, and steel crown that is black. The watch was first released as an M17133. The correct model is V17133.

aDYKI.jpg
aDy1c.jpg
aD1MX.jpg

Thanks for the help! Appreciate it. Guess I will go with v4 blackbird, and I was thinking of getting Genuine rubber strap to it, is it worth it?

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
and I was thinking of getting Genuine rubber strap to it, is it worth it?

Nope.
The Rep rubbers you can get on Aliexpress are fair value for the price. Those from TD are better but much more expensive, especially those with the micro adjustable folding clasp.
GEN will cost you more than the watch.
Let me know once you have the watch, I may have something flying around in my strapbox that I could live without.

Reactions: tkingjr

lividity91

23/11/19
Nope.
The Rep rubbers you can get on Aliexpress are fair value for the price. Those from TD are better but much more expensive, especially those with the micro adjustable folding clasp.
GEN will cost you more than the watch.
Let me know once you have the watch, I may have something flying around in my strapbox that I could live without.

Thanks for the help,

I went through breitling site, and the rubber strap is 60£+50£ for the buckle, isn't so bad. But black folding clasp is literally 660£ ?!

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
can hardly believe the Gen strap is only 60GBP but if you say so then this is not a bad price and I would reverse my statement above