• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Professional Watches

KalKala

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/11/18
Well Guys, I was looking for any replicas of the various watches included in this series and besides a few Exospace B55 I wasn't able to find any of the other models. Is that in the replicas' world we are fixed with the mechanical watches as at Hodinkee that we do not consider or appreciate these pumped up luxury G-Shocks? :p
Or maybe they are really a bit too complex for the electronics involved and the factories are not willing to get involved in that too?
I should say I started this conversation since I saw the Basel 2019
  • Breitling Cockpit B50 Limited Edition Orbiter 3
Breitling_Watch_Cockpit_B50_Orbiter_Limited_Edition_VB50106A1O1S1.png

but again in this series I can see some other appealing Titanium watches that should be possibly replicated:
  • Emergency (even without the localizer)
0706_FL-Breitling-Emergency-II-watch_1956x1100-1152x648-e1482269091312.jpg

• Exospace B55 Yachting
breitling-exospace-b55-yachting-750x563.jpg

• Aerospace EVO Night Mission 30th Anniversary
Breitling-Aerospace-Evo-Night-Mission-2-1180x650.jpg

Maybe I'm just flipped out but I really would like to see some of these replicated... What do you think?

KEV87iwc

Renowned Member
23/6/17
This b55 movement was more expensive to build than the b01...

If they rep this I will buy this instantly

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
Well B&R rep 03-88 was made with the gen movement for the digital screens on the watch and the hands. So I would think they could get a movement idea to work. With the Emergency, if they made that one, they would most likely make the locator antenna a glued in module. And I would love the UTC module on it if they would make that the old dial style instead of a digital panel.

KalKala

27/11/18
This b55 movement was more expensive to build than the b01...

Is that so? I have a few G-Shock watches both the full digital versions and an analogic one without any LCD: they all have plenty of functions including a perfectly working compass while costing to a maximum of 1/10 of these Breitling's. Not to speak of the more costly Ti Citizen...
As I said, I also like these watches and for sure they have something to justify their prices but I'm not fully convinced... Do you know if this is an hybrid movement, i. e. with some mechanical chrono running besides the Quartz?

KalKala

27/11/18
Well B&R rep 03-88 was made with the gen movement for the digital screens on the watch and the hands. So I would think they could get a movement idea to work. With the Emergency, if they made that one, they would most likely make the locator antenna a glued in module. And I would love the UTC module on it if they would make that the old dial style instead of a digital panel.
Right, beside the B&R now you can find a Breitling Aerospace with a similar configuration, but I'm not sure about the overall accuracy of the replica and for sure the factories are not producing those variants I cited above. Oddly I believe they can really take advantage of some cheaper Quartz movements and concentrate on what they truly excell building cases and detailed dials giving us an affordable, fully functional, amazing watch.... :cool:

KEV87iwc

Renowned Member
23/6/17
Right, beside the B&R now you can find a Breitling Aerospace with a similar configuration, but I'm not sure about the overall accuracy of the replica and for sure the factories are not producing those variants I cited above. Oddly I believe they can really take advantage of some cheaper Quartz movements and concentrate on what they truly excell building cases and detailed dials giving us an affordable, fully functional, amazing watch.... :cool:
Can you link the Breitling aerosoace you mentioned?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

KalKala

27/11/18
I'm sorry, it's not by any TDs where I usually browse: possibly I saw it on one of the many ghost sites that sells replicas or on some other forums where they were reviewing it. I'm not sure it will be proper to link it here and anyway now I cannot trace it... Try Google.

Last edited:

KalKala

27/11/18
Sorry Guys, I discovered there existed already another thread about this series: maybe we can merge both threads into one, or just go on punching left and right to finally get some of these watches done by the Factories in Titanium and sufficient fidelity to the gens.

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
I want the B50 night misson or even Emergency 2. If they make it and looks like gen I will buy it right now.

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
b55 movement was more expensive to build sounds funny. Tissot used and Victorinox used the exact movement on some of their watches that's is in the Breitling evo, and retailed at a fraction of a cost. These movements cannot be repped unless a crazy factory decides to invest a fortune in semiconductor business and bankrupt. Movement has to be bought from eta and repped, or repped maybe by a third party business. Some g shock models has much more sophisticated movements that it is in the b55 :D