• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need help: Franken navitimer b01

KEV87iwc

Renowned Member
23/6/17
Dear friends,

I already got two gen navitimers and I became a big fan after buying my b03 bronze.

Now I want to build my own navitimer B01 in black.

So the stuff I already have for the build

- gen B01 movement
- gen black datewheel
- gen black dail for a 43mm version
- set of gen hands.

So I need a donor watch to make this build... or other gen parts. Can somebody help me out selecting the watch/parts I need .... :)

da486d6cb8d98f20a308cf870e39d302.jpg
6c458541e22d66263f11e9ef47e0388e.jpg
7b3e5005128ad00890984122a5dd44b3.jpg
9600069675b7cb63a97868d8bb2bafd1.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

Reactions: Ams55557

Taorluath2387

Horology Curious
4/7/19
Melbourne, Australia
Hi KEV87iwc,
I'm in a similar boat, with an assortment of gen parts and looking for a rep to use for donor parts to fill the gaps. Mine, is a little less complicated as I have a B13 movement (essentially a Breitling 7750).

Assuming (like me) you are primarily looking for a donor case, your biggest challenge will be finding a case with the correct stem height for the B01 movement.

I think (but don't take my word for it) the B01 is based off the ETA 7753 which share the same dimensions as the 7750. If this is the case, you will need to select one of the reps which takes the unmodified 7750 movement. These watches generally have either a faux minutes/hour counter (not working) or is designed for the 6,9,12 configuration of the Old Navitimer or Serie Speciale. Obviously none of these will have the correct case back for the model you have.

Any of the Navi's which suffer from a sunken date won't work due to the additional space in the case to accommodate the transfer wheels. This is unless you want to modify your movement (but I highly doubt this).

One other thing to be aware of is the tint of the crystal. If you want to make sure your Franken looks as close to legit you may want to consider replacing the crystal as some of the reps have a slight yellow/brown tint which can impact on the look of the dial.

For anyone else who is reading this, if I have got any of the above info wrong I will be grateful to anyone who corrects me as it may prevent me making a mistake.

Last edited:

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Hi KEV87iwc,
I'm in a similar boat, with an assortment of gen parts and looking for a rep to use for donor parts to fill the gaps. Mine, is a little less complicated as I have a B13 movement (essentially a Breitling 7750).

Assuming (like me) you are primarily looking for a donor case, your biggest challenge will be finding a case with the correct stem height for the B01 movement.

I think (but don't take my word for it) the B01 is based off the ETA 7753 which share the same dimensions as the 7750. If this is the case, you will need to select one of the reps which takes the unmodified 7750 movement. These watches generally have either a faux minutes/hour counter (not working) or is designed for the 6,9,12 configuration of the Old Navitimer or Serie Speciale. Obviously none of these will have the correct case back for the model you have.

Any of the Navi's which suffer from a sunken date won't work due to the additional space in the case to accommodate the transfer wheels. This is unless you want to modify your movement (but I highly doubt this).

One other thing to be aware of is the tint of the crystal. If you want to make sure your Franken looks as close to legit you may want to consider replacing the crystal as some of the reps have a slight yellow/brown tint which can impact on the look of the dial.

For anyone else who is reading this, if I have got any of the above info wrong I will be grateful to anyone who corrects me as it may prevent me making a mistake.

I think you are correct here, I wanted to go down the same road but was worried about the case. The latest
The later BP Navi case with faux working chrono should have unmodified 7750 stem hight but maybe the wrong case back as you mentioned. The main issue is wether or not it will take gen crystal, the rep crystals don’t have the same shape. The gen has a slight lense effect due to less convex bottom surface where as the rep has identical convex top and bottom surface... and yes the AR is a useless blue tint that gives the white slide rule a crappy yellowish tint

vicad

Renowned Member
14/6/15
Hi mate!

Just out of curiosity, where did you get the B01 Movement? At at what price?

Thanks, i'll follow your thread!

KEV87iwc

Renowned Member
23/6/17
I think you are correct here, I wanted to go down the same road but was worried about the case. The latest
The later BP Navi case with faux working chrono should have unmodified 7750 stem hight but maybe the wrong case back as you mentioned. The main issue is wether or not it will take gen crystal, the rep crystals don’t have the same shape. The gen has a slight lense effect due to less convex bottom surface where as the rep has identical convex top and bottom surface... and yes the AR is a useless blue tint that gives the white slide rule a crappy yellowish tint
Hi Guys

Would this work as a donor watch?

https://www.intime05.co/breitling/1353-navitimer-01-1-1-ss-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a7750.html

KEV87iwc

Renowned Member
23/6/17
Hi mate!

Just out of curiosity, where did you get the B01 Movement? At at what price?

Thanks, i'll follow your thread!
You still can find two on ebay for 1400-1600 usd

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
I did a Navitimer franken with a gen b13 movement (basically a cosc certified chronometer grade eta7750). I have on my franken gen dial/hands/movement and i used a BP donor.

JF Navi cant be used as the case is modified for the modified movement7753.

BP case is correct imho even with the false model number on the caseback.

My gen OldNvitimer Tritium dial has exactly the same size than the BP Navi rules inside the bezel. Beware that if your dial is bigger than the rule you will have to shave one of the other.

KEV87iwc

Renowned Member
23/6/17
Hi KEV87iwc,

https://www.chrono24.com/breitling/case-breitling-navitimer--id13085948.htm

Something for you?

KEV87iwc

Renowned Member
23/6/17
I did a Navitimer franken with a gen b13 movement (basically a cosc certified chronometer grade eta7750). I have on my franken gen dial/hands/movement and i used a BP donor.

JF Navi cant be used as the case is modified for the modified movement7753.

BP case is correct imho even with the false model number on the caseback.

My gen OldNvitimer Tritium dial has exactly the same size than the BP Navi rules inside the bezel. Beware that if your dial is bigger than the rule you will have to shave one of the other.

This is the one I guess. It's the old model number on the case back :) possible to switch it to the new one?

https://www.intime05.co/breitling/2458-navitimer-01-bp-1-1-ss-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a7750.html

Last edited:

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
No this is the a23322 case (wrong number as mine should be a a13322.1 with numbers instead of indexes) but every gen parts could be fitted in this case (eta7750, dial...)

KEV87iwc

Renowned Member
23/6/17
No this is the a23322 case (wrong number as mine should be a a13322.1 with numbers instead of indexes) but every gen parts could be fitted in this case (eta7750, dial...)
Ok but What about the inhouse B01 caliber.
Is the size the same as an ETA 7750?

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
I quickly found this article

http://console.fm/2019/02/19/how-ab...-at-the-breitling-self-produced-b01-movement/

« 

After opening, the first thing I saw was a large diameter movement, which reached 30mm and sames with the diameter of the classic ETA7750. It is obvious that this is the best diameter of the chronograph movement. The thickness is 7.2mm, which is a little thinner than the 7.9mm of the 7750.

« 

Im not sure it will be easy to find a gen case. I have an old navitimer case also for 7750 in spare if you are interested in, send me a msg.

KEV87iwc

Renowned Member
23/6/17
Well I found some other gen parts like the glass, sliderule, crown and chrono pushers.

Now I'm looking for a case and back case :)

KEV87iwc

Renowned Member
23/6/17
Help me :) :)
00f3750fd2a2154c7cb5b196c34b5814.jpg

81ae601e2e82c885af43d96ab30d356d.jpg

Last edited:

KEV87iwc

Renowned Member
23/6/17
Can somebody help me with a caseback for this one.

KEV87iwc

Renowned Member
23/6/17
I found a gen midcase ..

Now I need:

The stem
Case back
Movement holder

Some help needed!

KEV87iwc

Renowned Member
23/6/17
Dear Friends.

I'm going to try a rep caseback but I still need a movement holder. Can somebody help me out on that?

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
I still need a movement holder. Can somebody help me out on that?

I had 2 options for mine on the Superocean, I have a watchmaker friend who works for swatch group and could order the parts but fortunately I found Santre22 on the forum who made life a lot easier as he had the part for a lot cheaper.

On Breitlings, the movement holder is usually 3 parts:
  • 286.07 - $5.00 × 5 = $25.00 (casing screw)
  • 287.19 - $2.50 × 5 = $12.50 (casing clamp)
  • 210.246 - $55.00 × 1 = $55.00 (casing ring)
Unfortunately, this quote was from last February and prices increased as well!

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
As for the rep caseback, your best bet would be a WTB thread or looking for a rep case in the M2M section. I have been doing that for about 6 months with no luck, worst case scenario, I'll have to buy a Superocean 46 Chrono case and just take the case back from it. I also emailed PureTime but they told me they can't sell parts like pushers or the case back.

Last edited: