• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question: Sources for Breitling Newer Model Straps?

jakeslatneksy

Known Member
11/1/08
Hello friends. We have a great strap section here at RWI but I just purchased a newer model Breitling Navitimer 8 (Date) PVD and I'm looking for a gen or better quality replica strap. My first experience with PureTime and I have to say, they're amazing. My Navitimer 8 is extremely close to gen, possibly 1:1 as stated but the strap is a lesser quality leather. Any thoughts on how to score a better Asian or Gen strap? Thanks in advance.

jakeslatneksy

Known Member
11/1/08

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Hello friends. We have a great strap section here at RWI but I just purchased a newer model Breitling Navitimer 8 (Date) PVD and I'm looking for a gen or better quality replica strap. My first experience with PureTime and I have to say, they're amazing. My Navitimer 8 is extremely close to gen, possibly 1:1 as stated but the strap is a lesser quality leather. Any thoughts on how to score a better Asian or Gen strap? Thanks in advance.

I use an eBay seller time-trader-no1 in UK that sells Gen Breitling items. I have bought several Areo straps from him. He is a great seller. I am in USA and still received a fast shipment.

P@t

Patron
9/6/19
Netherlands
Thanks so much. You're the only one who has responded and I really appreciate it. The post was about rubber straps, however and I'm looking for a gen (or better quality rep) for a leather Navitimer 8. I may need to deep dive into this and buy from a respected dealer of gen Breitling accessories. Expensive.

I bought both, rep and gen straps and found out that the gen Aero straps are much cheaper in the Breitling boutique's than on Ebay. I buy them in Singapore and also get the tax back but I guess the difference between Singapore and Western countries can't be that big. Worth the try.

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
If I am not mistaken (since I have one myself rather unlikely) the Navitimer 8 has a lug width of 21mm so the majority of rubber/rubber-canvas/... and the like will not fit, at least not without manual modification which may look shitty in the end.
You can use any leather strap you like that will fit the lugs and the clasp, with the latter being 18mm.
Aside of the strapmakers mentioned in Strapcentral I either use

https://mansarea.com/en

or 2 personal contacts I have which do individualized straps as per your liking.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
A little annoying the new lug width is 21mm vs the older 22mm or 20mm.

Last edited:

jakeslatneksy

Known Member
11/1/08
I use an eBay seller time-trader-no1 in UK that sells Gen Breitling items. I have bought several Areo straps from him. He is a great seller. I am in USA and still received a fast shipment.

Thank you, and thank you again. This is a great link. And the pricing is right around what I'm willing to pay for a genuine Breitling strap. I'll get in touch with him to ask if he has that awkward 21/18 size for the Navitimer 8. See, this is why I like RWI for the past 9 years. People are nice to each other. Amazing!

jakeslatneksy

Known Member
11/1/08
Curious how much cheaper the gen aero was in Breitling boutique? I just buy online:D

The only place I contacted so far is "Jura Watches"
https://www.jurawatches.co.uk
They offered UK 175.00 plus UK 15.00 to ship to Sydney where I live. I think the price is pretty fair for this weird size 21/18, but their service and communication is pretty disappointing. I'm definitely going to check out tkingjr's suggstion of the eBay vendor: time-trader-no1,

jakeslatneksy

Known Member
11/1/08
If I am not mistaken (since I have one myself rather unlikely) the Navitimer 8 has a lug width of 21mm so the majority of rubber/rubber-canvas/... and the like will not fit, at least not without manual modification which may look shitty in the end.
You can use any leather strap you like that will fit the lugs and the clasp, with the latter being 18mm.
Aside of the strapmakers mentioned in Strapcentral I either use

https://mansarea.com/en

or 2 personal contacts I have which do individualized straps as per your liking.

Thank you, Shlonz. Very thoughtful suggestion and I'll save this one to my short-list of strap makers. In this instance, I'm trying to buy that actual genuine Breitling strap with the Breitling buckle.. The Navitimer 8 which I bought from PureTime is visually perfect apart from the strap, which while very good, it is not perfect and the dead-giveaway is the buckle. If I can get the gen strap for this watch, then I'll be able to play make-believe in my head like we do with all of our amazing reps and imagine it's real. Until it's time to sell them. Take care.

Madcap

Known Member
2/10/17
21x18mm is an odd size. Why dont you contact any of the strap makers on rwi to custom one for you. Quality will be good and so will the prices. I've used ziczac, hktan etc with good results. I've seen Donerix straps on friend AP Reps as well. All quite good for the money