• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Geckota - Gallox Milanese Mesh review and compare with GF bracelet (on sale only 49 USD)

P@t

Patron
9/6/19
Netherlands
I purchased the Gallox Milanese Mesh bracelet (22 mm lug width) for my Breitling TransOcean and I have to say I’m impressed. For the price of ONLY 49 USD, it's a very good bracelet. Normally it is 113 USD and even that seems reasonable, so 49 USD is a bargain. The feel is very good and compared to the GF bracelet that came with the SOH II, the finishing of the edges is better, less sharp and the inside of the bracelet is also fully polished (the inside of the GF bracelet isn't polished) so the Gallox is more comfortable.

The bracelet is slightly thinner than a Staib Milanese mesh. The Staib is 5 mm at the lug ends and tapering down to 3.8 mm at buckles end, the Geckota is 3.5 mm, no tapering. Knowing that the Staib is around 240 USD, it’s a big price difference for 1.5 mm. ;-) Also, I use the bracelet for the TransOcean and the case is slightly thinner (height 12.80 mm) than the SOH II case (height 14.35 mm) so a good match for the TO, but even on the SOH it doesn't look bad. Side by side the difference is visible, on the wrist it's hardly noticeable.

The bracelet is available in a Brushed or Polished finish, and 2 different lengths, 150mm or 170mm. Both have 1 removable link (5mm) and 6 micro-adjustments (3mm increments) on the original buckle. The removable links are fastened with a split (hair) pin, so you will need a pin pushing tool to remove them. The minimum adjusted length is; 150mm length strap = 130mm (approx), 170mm length strap = 150mm (approx) with the original buckle. The 22mm lug width strap has a slight taper and the width reduces by 2mm at the buckle, both straps are 20mm at the buckle.

My wrist is 6.8 INCH / 17.2 CM so I ordered the small bracelet (150 mm). The (unbranded) divers buckle with fold-over that comes with it is good but has a brushed surface with polished sides. I got a cheap Taobao/Etsy Breitling deployant clasp for it (thanks Daryl!) because a normal deployant clasp doesn’t have spring bar holes on the sides, so once installed you can’t take it off anymore. The logo and engraving of the cheap clasp are not great but it looks ok and it was the only option. Maybe I will find a better clasp with spring bar holes sometime to replace it but for now, it works. I guess if you want to use it with the original buckle that comes with it, you could polish the surface of the buckle to make it look full polished, the sides are already high gloss polished.

I ordered with the free international shipping option on 25 Sept. and it arrived in Singapore (from the UK) on 7 Oct (11 days).
It’s already on sale a while now so I don’t know how long it’s available for this price.

Long story short, a very good bracelet, nice quality, finish and good quality clasp for a VERY reasonable price, for sure when it's on sale.

Links:
Watchgecko: https://www.watchgecko.com/gallox-milanese-mesh
Geckota: https://www.geckota.com/gallox-milan...el-watch-strap

Special thanks toMadcap who brought this bracelet to my attention .
z74R8.png

zuNv1.jpg
zuE6v.jpg
zu7AK.jpg
zufzj.jpg
zuGkI.jpg

zuxpi.jpg
zuJFb.jpg
zubaX.jpg
zuSJc.jpg
zvDvF.jpg
zug85.jpg
zucAp.jpg

Last edited:

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
That's very nice. Good combo also.
Thanks Pat.

Reactions: P@t

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Great write up, I do wonder why they went to the effort of polishing the inside of the bracelet though, the gen isn’t and seems pointless.

atldml

Known Member
10/5/15
Thanks for this. I may buy one for a Spinnaker watch I just bought. Cool watch (Like and Omega SHOM), but the bracelet it came with kind of sucks.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

P@t

Patron
9/6/19
Netherlands
Great write up, I do wonder why they went to the effort of polishing the inside of the bracelet though, the gen isn’t and seems pointless.

When someone wears their watch tight, they wouldn't notice much from it but when the watch is worn loosely, it feels more comfortable, especially when it's hot, in case of sweating.

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
Thanks for your write-up on this. I'm thinking 'I'll do this on a SOHII and just get it from TD with the RU strap.
Quality on the mesh looks pretty good.

I am just trying to work out the size i would need for my wrist.

At 17.5 cm its about the same as yours so i figure a 150mm then.

Did you remove all the adjustment links on the Gallox mesh and just attach to clasp at the mesh end?

How much adjustment do you have left on your clasp?

Last edited:

P@t

Patron
9/6/19
Netherlands
Thanks for your write-up on this. I'm thinking 'I'll do this on a SOHII and just get it from TD with the RU strap.
Quality on the strap looks pretty good.

I am just trying to work out the size i would need for my wrist.

At 17.5 cm its about the same as yours so i figure a 150mm then.

Did you remove all the adjustment links on the Gallox mesh and just attach to clasp at the mesh end?

How much adjustment do you have left on your clasp?

Yes, I removed the adjustment link (comes with only one adjustment link) and I use the second springbarholes from the clasp (see pic below).
For adjustment,(bigger) there is one link and one springbarhole. The 150 mm should be ok for you.

If you want to have it as nice and gen as possible you could get a AN Factory deployant clasp (170 USD), with the slide system (adj. 10 mm)
Only problem with that option, once the clasp is installed you can't take it of anymore.

huLdt.jpg

Last edited:

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
Yes, I removed the adjustment link (comes with only one adjustment link) and I use the second springbarholes from the clasp (see pic below).
For adjustment,(bigger) there is one link and one springbarhole. The 150 mm should be ok for you.

If you want to have it as nice and gen as possible you could get a AN Factory deployant clasp (170 USD), with the slide system (adj. 10 mm)
Only problem with that option, once the clasp is installed you can't take it of anymore.

Thanks for the additional view of how you have yours set.

I have ordered the the Gallox 150 mesh £18 and a clasp from Etsy £30. Think i could have got better price on Ali or DHgate for the clasp where they were about $10-15, pretty sure its the same clasp that is on Etsy.

I found some similar clasp to the AN factory while i was looking so I'll link in case any here want to check it out.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...c-1352aa59a2a6

There are a few like this around $90-120.

Or the same on DHgate for $149

https://www.dhgate.com/product/luxury-thick-stainess-steel-buckle-for-breitling/450109136.html?skuid=565791549583593472#s2-13-1;searl|0187813709

Not sure of the maker. Who knows they may be supplier to AN factory and decided to cut out the middleman and make a killing for what is a relatively cheap part to manufacture.

Ordered the SOHII as well so should have all the parts before watch arrives.

Last edited:

BadData

Known Member
12/2/19
Sunshine State
is the GF mesh strap that comes with SOHII that bad? it is $50 more than resin one and I am deciding between getting a resin one and than getting Gallox mesh. My wrist is 7.5 inches, do you think I need to get 170cm version?

P@t

Patron
9/6/19
Netherlands
is the GF mesh strap that comes with SOHII that bad? it is $50 more than resin one and I am deciding between getting a resin one and than getting Gallox mesh. My wrist is 7.5 inches, do you think I need to get 170cm version?

The GF bracelet isn't bad at all! I ordered my SOH II also with GF bracelet and it is good. I ordered the Gallox bracelet for the Transocean.

For 50 USD more, just buy the bracelet. More easy because you don't have to find a clasp. The Gallox is a great alternative but If you want to have it as nice and gen as possible you have to get a AN Factory deployant clasp (170 USD), with the slide system (adj. 10 mm)

If you don't like the GF bracelet after all, you can always sell it m2m and get the Gallox or something else.

Reactions: BadData

BadData

Known Member
12/2/19
Sunshine State
The GF bracelet isn't bad at all! I ordered my SOH II also with GF bracelet and it is good. I ordered the Gallox bracelet for the Transocean.

For 50 USD more, just buy the bracelet. More easy because you don't have to find a clasp. The Gallox is a great alternative but If you want to have it as nice and gen as possible you have to get a AN Factory deployant clasp (170 USD), with the slide system (adj. 10 mm)

If you don't like the GF bracelet after all, you can always sell it m2m and get the Gallox or something else.

thanks so much for the info! I like your advice!

atldml

Known Member
10/5/15
I just received my geckota last week and I'm pretty unhappy with it. one side is 22mm as ordered, the other is probably 22.5 or 23 because it doesn't fit!! Pretty poor construction tolerance. I'll have to attack it with my dremmel and see if I can get it to work.

Madcap

Known Member
2/10/17
I just received my geckota last week and I'm pretty unhappy with it. one side is 22mm as ordered, the other is probably 22.5 or 23 because it doesn't fit!! Pretty poor construction tolerance. I'll have to attack it with my dremmel and see if I can get it to work.

Why not email Geckota and see if they will refund / replace? First time ive encountered this, and ive bought a few straps from them in the past with no issues.

P@t

Patron
9/6/19
Netherlands

Did you order the Gallow Milanese mesh also? Surprised to read this because mine fitted perfectly as you can see on the photos.

atldml

Known Member
10/5/15
Yeah the same one we are discussing. The rest of it seems great. But the ends are just sloppy.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
@P@t

Finally after my SOH II being stuck for a while i received and and added the
Gallox mesh strap.

I am pretty happy with it considering it was £18.
I could have gone for the larger size and avoided the extra link showing, but I'm not to bothered.
I think quality is good if not better than GF strap from pics i have seen of the GF.
Ordered watch with RU strap so for good price i have both to use.
Shame watchgecko offer has had all of these snapped up now so stock is limited to 20mm version.

Here are some pics
51bgR.jpg
51c0v.jpg
51VTK.jpg
51Jo8.jpg
59D51.jpg

Last edited:

P@t

Patron
9/6/19
Netherlands
@P@t

Finally after my SOH II being stuck for a while i received and and added the
Gallox mesh strap.

I am pretty happy with it considering it was £18.
I could have gone for the larger size and avoided the extra link showing, but I'm not to bothered.
I think quality is good if not better than GF strap from pics i have seen of the GF.
Ordered watch with RU strap so for good price i have both to use.
Shame watchgecko offer has had all of these snapped up now so stock is limited to 20mm version.

It's a very good bracelet indeed, certainly for the price you paid. I have it combined with the same clasp and it looks good.

Enjoy it, Happy holidays!

BadData

Known Member
12/2/19
Sunshine State
Mark L looks great! does it pull your hair time from time? is it smooth?

I got my SOH and bracelet is not too bad but it is certainly not as smooth as gen, pulled my hair a few times during the day but my biggest gripe is links on the back - gen was not like that

Reactions: Mark L