• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

sunken date wheel

BadData

Known Member
12/2/19
Sunshine State
so my new navitimer arrived and I was aware of a sunken date wheel issue but I thought it is not a huge deal and I would rather go with more accurate color and details from JF. Also I really liked 43mm size of the dial.

Well, after a few days, it is an eye sore to me. Beautiful rep and I am getting a leather strap for it, but man that sunken window really bugs me.

Is there a solution or modder who can fix it?

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
You can convert it to a real ETA 7753 - there are often a few for sale on this forum for very reasonable prices. You would have to do something about the datewheel as the font would most likely be wrong. There’s also a datewheel overlay mod that I’ve seen done on the existing JF Asian movement, but the cost of the mod would be so close to getting a real ETA 7753 that I wouldn’t recommend it. Either way you’re going to spend some money.

Reactions: BadData

BadData

Known Member
12/2/19
Sunshine State
You can convert it to a real ETA 7753 - there are often a few for sale on this forum for very reasonable prices. You would have to do something about the datewheel as the font would most likely be wrong. There’s also a datewheel overlay mod that I’ve seen done on the existing JF Asian movement, but the cost of the mod would be so close to getting a real ETA 7753 that I wouldn’t recommend it. Either way you’re going to spend some money.

thanks for the info!

maximalek

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
9/1/15
EU/CZ
Eta 7753 have weird date change mechanism. I think its not working thru crown, am i right?

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Eta 7753 have weird date change mechanism. I think its not working thru crown, am i right?

You are correct. The 7753 does not have a quickset date function. To advance the date rapidly you have to turn the crown past 12am to 2am, the date advances, then turn backwards to 10pm, then forwards to 2am, the date advances again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Reactions: maximalek

BadData

Known Member
12/2/19
Sunshine State
honestly, I would be happy even if date wheel is stuck at the same position. I never set/use date on my watches just because I change them every day. Are you guys actually using this feature?

BadData

Known Member
12/2/19
Sunshine State
here is how it looks like. took a pic using my new macro lens. Not sure what's up with all the dust but I don't see it with naked eyes

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
here is how it looks like. took a pic using my new macro lens. Not sure what's up with all the dust but I don't see it with naked eyes

looks like its collected on the top of the crystal and the angle of the photograph brought it out. Ooof on that datewheel it would bug me too.

Donplayer813

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/6/13
I am happy now... oascom raised the date wheel by gluing it and also cleaned dirt on dial. I am very happy how it turned out. This is a must-have mod on this watch as it was really an eyesore. But I really wanted navitimer with a blue face in 43mm size and JF was the only option.

https://clickpix.org/image/20191016-191000.zBCFc

https://clickpix.org/image/20191016-191022.zBTAX

Hey bud, when you say gluing it, are you stating that the number is glued in a position that it can no longer change dates? Just asking as I have one on the way and this is one of the mods that i will have to do to the watch.

BadData

Known Member
12/2/19
Sunshine State
Hey bud, when you say gluing it, are you stating that the number is glued in a position that it can no longer change dates? Just asking as I have one on the way and this is one of the mods that i will have to do to the watch.

correct, I picked a number a liked and it is stuck now at "3" permanently. But after a month, my chrono stopped working - I do not know if this issue caused by a mod or was just a coincidence. The chrono hand would make one full round and then it would stop at 11.

But I had to fix that sunken wheel, it really bugged me and I am even willing to give up chrono for it.

Donplayer813

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/6/13
correct, I picked a number a liked and it is stuck now at "3" permanently. But after a month, my chrono stopped working - I do not know if this issue caused by a mod or was just a coincidence. The chrono hand would make one full round and then it would stop at 11.

But I had to fix that sunken wheel, it really bugged me and I am even willing to give up chrono for it.

Got it ok cool. thx for responding bud

BadData

Known Member
12/2/19
Sunshine State
Got it ok cool. thx for responding bud

honestly, if I had to pick between sunken dial and a chrono which I never use, I would still fix a sunken dial. I really wanted navitimer 43mm in blue and after seeing last week in person gen 46mm, I am glad I went with my watch.

I just ordered superocean in blue - when I saw one in store, I had to have it!