• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help - Is this Colt Gen or Fake?

alexpaf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/15
Hi. I recently found an ad for this used Breitling Colt A73350. It comes without box, papers, gen strap, and the announcer said the original quartz movement broke, so he had to change it for a miyota quartz.
Still, I think it is a nice watch, and it is cheap. My doubt is, looking at the pics, on the dial, where should be written Tachymetre, it is written `Yachymetre (with a Y). I wonder if this proves that the watch is fake. Or did it ever happened with any gen Breitling?
Thanks for the help!

VY1lGa.png

VY1fyQ.png

VY18Hf.png

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
Looks fake to me due to the hands, caseback script (the 7 in A73350 looks like the wrong font) and slightly sunken datewheel. Breitling hands normally have two sections on each hand where the lume is applied with a small silver dividing line on the hand.

Reactions: alexpaf

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
the pics are too low quality to tell, the datewheel looks ok to me...but the subdials are wrong, should be left hour counter, right 1/10 seconds counter and bottom seconds counter

Reactions: alexpaf

alexpaf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/15
Good point guys. Even though it is beautiful, it seems to be fake. Thanks for the help!

Last edited: