• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just got SO2 QC pics ... Bezel question

IntenseImage

16/6/19
So I'm getting my very first rep and decided to go thru Trusty on a SO2

Just got the QC pics and I believe it's pretty solid ... But something looks off to me regarding the bezel. Is there a protective film on it?

yxpo1Sc
https://imgur.com/a/yxpo1Sc

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Looks good to me. I don't see any protective film. Who is the factory? I see black on the inner bezel from 45 to 65. That is just reflection. Why did you decide to go with a dealer that is not a trusted dealer here on your first purchase? If you have a major problem you are SOL.

IntenseImage

16/6/19
Looks good to me. I don't see any protective film. Who is the factory? I see black on the inner bezel from 45 to 65. That is just reflection. Why did you decide to go with a dealer that is not a trusted dealer here on your first purchase? If you have a major problem you are SOL.

I see what looks to be bubbles or something between the 45 and in other places. Went with TT as I have heard good things (even without being a TD here) and because I could go through PayPal. If things go well I'll consider sorting out Bitcoin and would gladly try Intime or Pure

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I don't see anything. When I look at the photo with crown up and down I don't see anything wrong. I ask about the factory that made the watch because GF is the best. Noob is very good, OMF is 3rd tier. If you have Powerpoint you can markup the photos to show your concern. I have this watch. You can ask Trusty for another photo straight on covering the area of concern.

IntenseImage

16/6/19
I don't see anything. When I look at the photo with crown up and down I don't see anything wrong. I ask about the factory that made the watch because GF is the best. Noob is very good, OMF is 3rd tier. If you have Powerpoint you can markup the photos to show your concern. I have this watch. You can ask Trusty for another photo straight on covering the area of concern.

This is noob (went this way as it's on the nwbig list and was a bit cheaper as my first purchase) are what I am seeing is circled

http://imgur.com/a/Q0tLmPX

Last edited:

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
The Noob is IMHO a better rep than the GF version. I’ve had several of these and currently have this exact watch. I’ve photographed it several times and those “ghost” images appear on my bezel as well at certain angles. It’s not present in real life. I know, I can’t explain it...but it does that. Here’s a couple shots of mine:

IMG_4967_zpsvyuh6ihp.jpg

IMG_4717_zpsrex2pd6l.jpg

651693E7-3FB9-4542-A027-B497B8C29CF6_zpsxyb7hfmp.jpeg

IMG_3781_zpspymctor7.jpg

You can see the ghosting in the last two images. But its not there....really weird!

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
And FWIW, I’ve used Andrew at Trusty for thousands of dollars of purchases and he’s never let me down. I’m not sure what happened to TD status on this forum but he’s always been good in my book!

IntenseImage

16/6/19
And FWIW, I’ve used Andrew at Trusty for thousands of dollars of purchases and he’s never let me down. I’m not sure what happened to TD status on this forum but he’s always been good in my book!

Thank you for the confirmation ... Looks like I'll be giving this the green light!