• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Avenger Rep out there?

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Awesome good to know!

Does the GMT hand work and is stacked in the right order? Where can a get a deployant buckle for this watch?

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Ask your TD to get an AN Factory Deployant also referred to as "Gen" and you will need the rubber strap that works with the deployant. This strap is a Breitling Gen Areo strap. The TD's have others.
VStHTq.md.jpg
VStLBs.md.jpg
VStXU6.md.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tcc13c and csthe

Lamar4029

Horology Curious
1/6/19
Just placed my order for the GMT DLC... heard availability is low so hopefully I’ll be getting QC pics and not a message that it’s not my time.

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
I'm still waiting for Ryan to get his stuff sorted out ..

Regarding the buckle I'll ask my TD about that, what should they usually go for including the rubber strap?

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
The ANF Depolyant is extra money. I paid $170 just for the deployant. The Gen Areo rubber strap was $159. I do have a black steel deployant for Breitling Avenger II Seawolf DLC HK Limited Edition GF inbound but have not seen it yet.

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Hi, so when ordering the Avenger GMT in Blacksteel / DLC what are the common QC issues

What I always check is dw alignment and alignment in general. Any typical spots on this or the normal Steel version?

edit:
And by the way what material is this blacksteel and will it scrath easily (like for example gold models of rolex reps)?

Last edited:

P@t

Patron
9/6/19
Netherlands
The blacksteel you ordered is a DLC watch and although I don't own a DLC watch myself yet (thinking of ordering the same watch atm), DLC is known for it's very high durability and is very scratch resistant!

There is a lot information about DLC watches on the web. Check this one: https://www.chronext.com/journal/me...on-–-the-difference-between-a-pvd-dlc-coating

Regarding the QC; tkingjr could better answer you but I know he is very happy with the quality of his GF Breitlings and his TD (Lucy) probably won't send him QC pics with bad alignment. I know he is traveling atm so surely will answer later.

Let me know when your watch arrived. I want to order the same one.
Also; did you found a DLC deployant clasp already? I found someone who can deliver them, if you want the information.

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
The blacksteel you ordered is a DLC watch and although I don't own a DLC watch myself yet (thinking of ordering the same watch atm), DLC is known for it's very high durability and is very scratch resistant!

There is a lot information about DLC watches on the web. Check this one: https://www.chronext.com/journal/me...on-–-the-difference-between-a-pvd-dlc-coating

Regarding the QC; tkingjr could better answer you but I know he is very happy with the quality of his GF Breitlings and his TD (Lucy) probably won't send him QC pics with bad alignment. I know he is traveling atm so surely will answer later.

Let me know when your watch arrived. I want to order the same one.
Also; did you found a DLC deployant clasp already? I found someone who can deliver them, if you want the information.

Yeah it looks awesome and the original is very durable, but is GF using the same material / technology or is it just painted black or other methode to get the same look?

Alritgh Ill wait till hes back from his travels :)

I havent found anyone, will probably order one later on for the DLC version, since its quite pricey and Im not sore if 43mm and 12mm height might be a little big for my wirst. AP 15400 is just fine but shouldnt be bigger. My freind owns a 44m Colt on SS Bracelet its waaay to big for my wrist haha

btw how come trusty is selling the sam watch 40 USD cheaper that Ryan? :D

P@t

Patron
9/6/19
Netherlands
I'm not sure about the quality of the DLC coating, I'm also curious about it, especially how it holds and looks after a while.

I have found a 20 mm DLC deployant clasp together with the 22-20 black nylon/rubber strap. Price is GBP245 / USD 305. Not cheap but it will look nice. The gen has the same deploy and strap.

604efbd6f2adfe6deff63e14ee40374a.jpg

The GMT DLC is gonna be my next watch, after my SOH II arrives.

Don't know about the price difference. Trusty also states at their website that they are the only one who have the watch...

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
The ANF Depolyant is extra money. I paid $170 just for the deployant. The Gen Areo rubber strap was $159. I do have a black steel deployant for Breitling Avenger II Seawolf DLC HK Limited Edition GF inbound but have not seen it yet.

Have you already got your deployment buckle? Sead is trying to get me a gf buckle as well. But time passes by so slowly at the moment. I’m curious about the quality. As gf’s titanium buckle is great.