• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Avenger Hurricane Cobra Yellow Dial

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
Received mine a couple of weeks ago only to realized that the subdial spacing is totally off...my fault really for not doing enough research before pulling the trigger. Even though everything else looks pretty good but I just can't stand how the subdials at 3 and 9 cuts so much into the numerals...

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
I think you're comparing the GEN 50mm version to the rep 45mm version. The rep is of the 45mm and the subdials are near perfectly spaced.

Received mine a couple of weeks ago only to realized that the subdial spacing is totally off...my fault really for not doing enough research before pulling the trigger. Even though everything else looks pretty good but I just can't stand how the subdials at 3 and 9 cuts so much into the numerals...

Reactions: soubido

Fritsspits

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/2/19
The Neterlands
I got mine as well, normally I am a Rolex Stainless steel (or Apple watch stainless steel) guy so the first impressions are “different on the wrist”, black is not as shiny as I am used to.

but after a couple of days i love it. The font on the dail is not as bold in person as it looks like on pictures and the watch is lovely light.

only negative point so far is the 7750. That one does not feel as solid as 2824 in my ARF’s.

will post pictures tomorrow

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18

It happens, don't let it get to you. At least you'll have a cool beater/daily wear

danitalia1

Known Member
12/8/15
As Fritsspits sold his watch, is anyone here selling his Black dial Huricane ?

Thank you

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

johnbc70

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/9/17
johnbc70
Your choice is good but you should go with GF. It is very close to Gen. TF is not even close to GF quality. The Gen it Titanium with DLC coating. Not stainless with PVD. PVD is more like paint. The black watches use PVD before DLC came out.
https://puretimewatch.io/avenger-bl...-on-black-rubber-strap-a2824-v4-free-box.html

Thanks buddy, I am quite new to this but have picked up that's the factory? From what I have read GF seems to be the best in terms of quality.

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Has anyone tried to take the case back off? Do you need a special tool or are they dummy screws? Any guidance would be helpful.

Madcap

Known Member
2/10/17
Has anyone tried to take the case back off? Do you need a special tool or are they dummy screws? Any guidance would be helpful.

ive had mine taken off for servicing, u need to get a special screwdriver, same type as the RM screwdrivers. Size is 1.4 if im not wrong.
My watchsmith had a hell of a time sourcing for it