• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Avenger Hurricane Cobra Yellow Dial

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Will this watch take a gen b01 movement?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

I don't know, but IF it did, you'd have to be sure that the 6 hands would also fit.....

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
The video just reinforced my opinion that the AR is absolute garbage and the black dial is way off with the fat numbers.
Normally, I'd think that I could get the crystal redone by one of the AR vendors but with this watch you need the special screwdriver to open the back.
Then there's the joy of trying remove the bezel (without damage) so the glass can be pressed out. The rep bezels are not usually attached like gen using tiny screws but use a retaining ring and pressed in position. Usually permanently.
No thanks, Mr Maker. I paid enough money already.

Stolen gen pics, once again...
20191217_084758.png

20191217_084816.png

Last edited:
Reactions: maximalek

danitalia1

Known Member
12/8/15
The video just reinforced my opinion that the AR is absolute garbage and the black dial is way off with the fat numbers.
Normally, I'd think that I could get the crystal redone by one of the AR vendors but with this watch you need the special screwdriver to open the back.
Then there's the joy of trying remove the bezel (without damage) so the glass can be pressed out.
No thanks, Mr Maker. I paid enough money already.

Stolen gen pics, once again...
20191217_084758.png

20191217_084816.png

You are absolutly right :(
I hooe they will release soon a V2 :(

Sent from the RWI App

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
The prices are going up but the quality is way down from pre raids...is it all the same maker for parts, assembly etc it just seems less quality IMO?

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
I think the effort is going up with the prices..
For example, the highly decorated movements, materials, details etc that we could only dream of 5 years ago.
But with all this added effort, the quality control is lacking.

Without droning on about AR, I've had a number of expensive reps bought within the last year or two that really should have had much stronger AR than what they came with. Old super reps had great AR, so why the drop off in supply now? Trying to keep costs down or simply rushing the model out?
The Hurricane maker delays launch by 6 months yet releases it with a crappy crystal more likely seen on a B Grade rep?!

Warning to anyone who is going to go ahead and buy one anyway:
Some dealers have now removed example qc pics and videos so you buy it first. Other dealers may show qc pics in shadow, so glare and flaws are not as obvious. You know who I'm referring to.... You have been warned.

Last edited:

maximalek

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
9/1/15
EU/CZ
This model have one good thing... and it is yellow/black nylon strap for my superfranken seawolf cobra eye ????

Reactions: tkingjr

danitalia1

Known Member
12/8/15
Anyonr has ordered the black dial one ? Maybe some on worst pictures ?

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Fritsspits

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/2/19
The Neterlands
This rep popped up somewhere and i really like it. I am more a Rolex Rep guy myself but will definitely buy one if they become a little better.

Does somebody know if there are plans for the 50mm version of this watch?

colorao01

10/3/10
Anyone has black Hurricane ?
and can coment impressions and pictures ?

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Looks like the same single AR to me. If you look near the edge of the crystal you can see the blue on the inside.

Just like this qc pic
20200109_220546.png

Last edited: