• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Avenger Hurricane Cobra Yellow Dial

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
Any news when GF will release this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
What would the MOQ be to get that level of pricing? 50k-100k pieces?

2500 cases. I deal in lower volumes all the time in china. With one 25 kilo bag of resin you can make a lot of watch cases. It really depends on how much money they spent on the mold vs how much CNC work after it is molded. Either way I am waiting to see what it looks like.

Reactions: Eagl3 and csthe

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
2500 cases. I deal in lower volumes all the time in china. With one 25 kilo bag of resin you can make a lot of watch cases. It really depends on how much money they spent on the mold vs how much CNC work after it is molded. Either way I am waiting to see what it looks like.

This is what is so great about this forum - the breadth and depth of knowledge and experience - inside and outside the watch world. Thanks for your insight!

Reactions: tkingjr

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Sunken date wheel but font looks good. Also the canvas/yellow rubber strap is a nice surprise!

Reactions: vcappp

AstroAvia

Renowned Member
29/8/08
BRAZIL
Using the A7750 for a 3/6/9 chronograph will always result in a sunken date wheel. Whatever the factory did update in this watch since its release was first announced, the sunken datewheel would never be a possible correction.

Reactions: vcappp

Bart Bever

8/2/13
Belgium
KfMB4.jpg

The yellow strap is colourwise ok but it has the wrong strap code printed. (Gen on the right)

Looking forward to the video and will proberbly pick this one up....sorry, DEFINATLY! :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Last edited:

vicad

Renowned Member
14/6/15
Its a nice novelty. Unfortunately, the prices are skyrocketing from GF. Its also really sad to see that GF spent most of its ressources on very complicated watches (ex: polymer case, specific movements like the B01) instead of replicating easy breitling watches with 7750 movements. I'm thinking of all the new avengers with 7750 movements and the new navitimers 1 part of which have also 7750 movements.

The rationale behind these moves are really not understandable for me.

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
Placed an order for the yellow dial version a few minutes ago...........

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
KfMB4.jpg

The yellow strap is colourwise ok but it has the wrong strap code printed. (Gen on the right)

Looking forward to the video and will proberbly pick this one up....sorry, DEFINATLY! :rolleyes:

Cheers!

GF used the same mold they use to make the black version and didn't spend a small amount of money to make an insert to change the number to 284S. I have the 253S strap from GF.

I just noticed Breitling did use inserts to change the model number when they made different colors. I can see the small border around the number. That is the insert. The sad fact is if you order the inserts when you order the mold the inserts won't cost extra.

Last edited:

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
Has anybody already recieved it and could share photos? I would be glad