• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Avenger Hurricane Cobra Yellow Dial

vicad

Renowned Member
14/6/15
Wow that's unexpected! Hope quality is up to the GF standards.

vicad

Renowned Member
14/6/15
After a careful check, it looks really good (except for the DW and the crown).
From a french speaker, no spelling mistake whether on the dial or on the back! Serial number is good too.
They'll have my order as soon as it is available.

Last edited:

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Dial colour also looks good, not sure about the pearl, shape looks good but waiting on video for colour.

Reactions: vicad

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
About time the Wings were getting some new rep love. This looks outstanding! Definitely buying one.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
I have been holding off on watch purchases lately, but this definitely has my attention. Hope they release a black dial version, the yellow just isn't speaking to me.

Reactions: johnlogan

vsigala

3/10/18
Southern California
Very nice by GF!

Hopefully they go after the font on the date wheel. They’re using the same font as they used on the chronomat airborne.

vsigala

3/10/18
Southern California
Gen on top and rep on bottom.

The yellow on the gen is different due to the watching being in natural light.

C4350393-9-C85-427-C-AD97-0-B6-F93390-DF3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: sn95 and Mixcoast

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
Don't know if I will buy this watch, it could be too big for my wrist, but I'm just happy that GF is bringing us something new. I hope that they will also rep some more 2018 breitling models. Fingers crossed!

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Gen on top and rep on bottom.

The yellow on the gen is different due to the watching being in natural light.

C4350393-9-C85-427-C-AD97-0-B6-F93390-DF3.jpg

Weird, gf has date wheels from different models that are much closer to gen. Let’s hope they fix it before the release. I do hope however that that yellow color is ok. Even because of a different light source, it seems way to orange. Fingers crossed

Reactions: thetechnomonkey

vsigala

3/10/18
Southern California
Weird, gf has date wheels from different models that are much closer to gen. Let’s hope they fix it before the release. I do hope however that that yellow color is ok. Even because of a different light source, it seems way to orange. Fingers crossed

I’m with you on the tone of the yellow being used. I got the picture from this listing, so I’m sure it’s just the amount of light.

https://www.watches.co.uk/breitling-avenger-hurricane-45-20053S

Sent from the RWI App

Last edited:

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
This is very unusual, I am going to wait on this Breitling till we see the finished product since my business is plastics. If it was Ti or DLC I would be ordering the watch. This is not some exotic special material. It is polycarbonate with carbon fibers = strong plastic. It is nothing more. Swatch and G-Shock just use a cheaper version of plastic. I will check on the price per kilo of this material to get an idea of how special it is.

Bart Bever

8/2/13
Belgium
Knowing the GF standard, the yellow will be fine, just like his metal brother...
The datawheel on the other hand, we will see but if not, it can be fixed.

Time to release the plastic guys, keep 'm coming!

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Just to add my critique (which I hope they correct as I like this watch) :

The gen dial has a subtle shadow behind each white number, the rep attempts this but looking at the pics, it's not that visible.

The gen caseback appears to be smoother and the lettering is light grey or white. The rep is neither.

I hope the AR is up to gen standard and not the overly blue crap that sometimes appears.

I'd upload pics to compare but picr is down. Some live pics here though.

https://kimgasi.pw/breitling-avenger-hurricane-45.html

Last edited: