• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Chronomat Raven by GF

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Reactions: Mixcoast

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Looks rough as hell.

Not to have my tin foil hat on too tight, but are we sure this is the same GF as the pre-shutdown? Not that it matters too much but the GF brand has some value that it needs to keep up with.

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
I just came across the Raven at trusty’s and immediately went to the Breitling section on RWI... and voila.. Thatwatchguy already started a thread.

I must say, this one looks pretty good to me. I know the previous model. That one sucked. I held it in my hands one time and was very disappointed. The black was not dlc, it was just (to shiny) paint. The pearl was horrible also.
This one seems to have a crisp dial, great dlc coating and good deployment buckle. Yeah, although a 7750 is not a B01, the blue screws are simply unbelievable. Pearl is still not good, but reasonable and moddable. Date is slightly of and sunken. But not to, obvious in my eyes.

Last edited:

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Here my QC Pics from April 2016 from the unknown factory from Marvellous Replica as a Noob. I looked at the date wheel this morning. It is really sunken. More like at the bottom of the ocean. I will take a photo later today that shows how bad the date wheel is.

VFwk7I.md.jpg
VFwxV3.md.jpg
VFw2Ro.md.jpg
VFw9ib.md.jpg
VFwGmL.md.jpg
VFwoI2.md.jpg
VFwwwK.md.jpg
VFwfOd.md.jpg

Last edited:

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
tkingjr :oops:

Didn’t mean to trash your watch.
Let’s just say I think the new version looks better now, ok? :shuffle:

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
TBK Not a problem. I would not buy this watch today knowing what I learned from RWI members.

Thatwatchguy Here are the photos of a very deep sunken date wheel. In 2016 the coating was PVD before DLC was used. This one has blue screws as well.

VFfvtK.md.jpg

VFfbf2.md.jpg

VFfzJL.md.jpg

Last edited:

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
tkingjr Cheers.

As you mentioned the dlc/blacksteel is a big improvement by GF, as is the deployment and strap. Not sure why they couldn’t get the date wheel and font better they pretty much nailed both with the recent airborne release.

Hopefully Andrew will release a video, this should tell how good the orange looks in different lighting.

Whilst I love the black/orange combo I don’t think this one will get me reaching for my wallet.

korky7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/2/09
I personally think this watch is just ugly.