• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help: Navitimer World

ismaelreina

Known Member
31/8/18

Hi, I need to prove that this dial of my watch and that I buy authentic on eBay is genuine. Please, consider experts who can prove it, because I buy it more time than ebay saves data. Thank you!!!

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
The blue is correct (and I'm somewhat of an expert on the subject) but I'd need to see a shot of the case back.

Reactions: Katarsis

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
If you're asking about just the dial...it's definitely gen. The big tells are the logo print and the 24 hr numerals on the inside track are raised. They are flat and ill-defined on the BP rep. Also the blue background is basically a matte finish. It doesn't catch light very well at all. The BP rep, besides being a different blue, has a sunburst effect. The rest of the watch is questionable, as I am certain the bezel is rep. The red triangle on the 35 mark is wrong for gen (correct for BP). The top of the triangle aligns with the top of the 35 on the gen.

So the watch is a franken at best.

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
Looks at least partially real to me

1. Crystal isn't yellow
2. Flat subdials (BP is raised in the centers)
3. Gold numbers are vibrant

Those are the main tells on the BP, so I'd say the watch shown in your picture is at the very least a Franken project

Last edited:

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
Crystal is Proofs and dial was supposed to be gen. Seems like its stated at this point thanks to you guys.

Besides from that the rest of the watch is rep. BP I assume since the cities on the back have the correct spelling.

All the best

Christoffer

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
The slide rule is rep.
That said id buy the hell out of this watch

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Out of topic, but AFAIK the A7750 sub dials are not exactly in the same position and the ETA. so how can a gen dial can fit an A7750? (assuming this is the movement)

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
The knowledge here is mindblowing.

Thank you guys!

Can't wait to get this gem do I can mount it on my gen braclet.

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
Out of topic, but AFAIK the A7750 sub dials are not exactly in the same position and the ETA. so how can a gen dial can fit an A7750? (assuming this is the movement)

Subdials are in the same spot. Actual size of the posts are different. So valjoux 7750 hands won't fit on the A7750 and vice versa without some modding.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Subdials are in the same spot. Actual size of the posts are different. So valjoux 7750 hands won't fit on the A7750 and vice versa without some modding.
Great to know. So just to be sure I understand, A7750 can take gen dial but not gen hands ootb, right?

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt

Is it worth the effort to source gen hands or is it enough with a lume job?

will gen hands fit on an ETA 7750?

All the best

christoffer

Last edited:

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I would just re-lume. The mods to the hands would be too much of a PITA.

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Thank you!

Is it "done" by then? From my understanding the flaws on this watch is the yellow crystal and the dial.

The chapter ring/slide rule is always wrong on all the reps, but nobody knows that except me and you and 10 others. I’d wear it for a while and then decide if you’re done.
‘Is this going to be a regular/daily for you? I have different rules for dailys than I do for specials/occasionals.

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
I understand. I noticed that the arrow at 35 was closer to the dial than on gen but as you say almost impossible to tell if your not a member on this forum.

I already own a Navi world that I was planning on making a Franken. I already bought a gen bracelet for it. This watch saved me a lot of time.

I try to use all of my watches but I tend to use ceramic ones as my daily because I have small kids and it takes its toll on the polished steel.

what is your rules? And what watches do you have.

Last edited: