• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Navitimer rep on the market?

Adamonis

Horology Curious
8/6/19
Okay, so before you guys tear me apart for not searching and doing my homework, hear me out:

I've been reading up on the Navi rep market as much as I can lately, and from my understanding, the Navi World rep with black dial (BP version) is apparently one of the best Navi reps, possibly ever, right? Only problem is, all the threads and posts I've read about it are YEARS old.

So my question is, is this STILL the best Navi rep out there? Have any advancements been made in the Navi rep market that have made other models equally good? Who makes THE MOST accurate (as of June 2019) Navi rep these days?

Thanks in advance!

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Coming from an old Navitimer guy... ;-) ... IMO the best Navitimer reps are the BP World and the BP Navi A23322. Nobody has made a new Navitimer (apart from the Navi 8, but we won't talk about that...) in years. I've owned every top end Navi rep and these are the only two I keep.

The World is much bigger (46mm vs 41.8mm) has fully functional chronos and a beautiful date wheel. But the crystals all have a slight yellow tint to them in the right lighting. Turns the blue to a teal (which I actually perfer over the gen) at certain angles. The black is said by the majority to be the best. To me, the white looks great as well, minus the yellow tint of the crystal. I own the blue and love it ( https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/breitling-replicas/7847697-confessions-of-a-breitling-bigot ). There are crystal mods out there to make it perfect.

The A23322 is the most accurate Navitimer rep visually. The date window and font is perfect, and the dates 1-9 are rotated in the opposite direction, as per the gen. The case is spot on. Everything is great...but...to compensate for the date wheel not being sunken, you give up the working 3 o'clock chrono register. To me, nobody ever sees a working chrono, but EVERYBODY sees a crappy date wheel. It's never once bothered me, and keeps me from playing with the chronos (which extends the service life of any A7750). The black is not very glossy. The blue is not accurate to gen and is generally not that pleasing. The white is spot on, and easily the most attractive. I own the white and black.

The bracelets on both watches is accurate to gen, and some of the best rep bracelets made. The leather straps (435X) with tang buckle are every bit as good as (and to me indistinguishable from) gen. The croc straps with deployant look nice but take forever to break in and can be sloppy around the edges.

Here's some eye candy:

548A390D-6C30-43F0-ADFC-ABB75A737685_zpsjohflftl.jpeg

BE527C26-FA15-475E-95F2-36D9AF3FEF6B_zps9dvu4czr.jpeg

05F25443-357F-4CCD-BD8C-B54D26880297_zps7uvakuge.jpeg

AC64C4FE-CEF5-48AA-8BD0-D87B60D0533F_zpssbssmljg.jpeg

982BAE19-9543-42E1-81D8-56BC426D12E1_zpstirahnkx.jpeg

Adamonis

Horology Curious
8/6/19
Thanks for the response! Very informative! I agree with your point about an accurate date wheel being far more important than a functioning chrono.

I love your black Navi with white chrono dials. Is there a specific manufacturer I need to look for that makes the most accurate version of this (kinda like BP for the Navi world)?

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
If you look at the sticky that Andyr did here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/breitling-replicas/327878-rep-navitimer-guide you will find all the info necessary. I just bought the same BP A23322 that OldNavitimer references above and Andyr talks about too. I think lots of us would buy a Navitimer 01 if it was a good rep. Unfortunately the rep makers lack a good movement that would make everything right. Until someone clones the 01 movement (Unlikely I would think) we are stuck with what we currently have.

Adamonis

Horology Curious
8/6/19
If you look at the sticky that Andyr did here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...avitimer-guide you will find all the info necessary. I just bought the same BP A23322 that OldNavitimer references above and Andyr talks about too. I think lots of us would buy a Navitimer 01 if it was a good rep. Unfortunately the rep makers lack a good movement that would make everything right. Until someone clones the 01 movement (Unlikely I would think) we are stuck with what we currently have.

That's unfortunate! Some of these gen Navi's are gorgeous. Hope someone can figure it out. Thanks for the response.

Last edited:

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
I just received a BP Navi with the stuck chrono.

I bought this one specifically as i wanted the case for an Eta7750. The thicker JF case with working chrono cant accept an Eta7750 due to the transfer plate.

I bought on the Bay a gen Breitling 7750 movement, gen hands and a gen T dial a13322. I will ask my modder to swap the BP movement/hands/dial and replace them by the gen Parts.

As the Navi is iconic, perhaps someone else would be interested to do the same. Gen Breitling parts are the easiest to get on the Bay.

I will post pictures of the updated Navitimer as soon as it will come back.

For now, here it is the stock BP A23322 on genuine vintage crocodile from Jacobstrap.

bbdcf854b57a1f1d76fed60a64caee59.jpg

aab8d8507df4fb6ba3ff77d87da3a4ce.jpg

4c53e054409e9d161e9996eea9c74f97.jpg

Reactions: rufus7

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
I just received a BP Navi with the stuck chrono.

I bought this one specifically as i wanted the case for an Eta7750. The thicker JF case with working chrono cant accept an Eta7750 due to the transfer plate.

I bought on the Bay a gen Breitling 7750 movement, gen hands and a gen T dial a13322. I will ask my modder to swap the BP movement/hands/dial and replace them by the gen Parts.

As the Navi is iconic, perhaps someone else would be interested to do the same. Gen Breitling parts are the easiest to get on the Bay.

I will post pictures of the updated Navitimer as soon as it will come back.

For now, here it is the stock BP A23322 on genuine vintage crocodile from Jacobstrap.

bbdcf854b57a1f1d76fed60a64caee59.jpg

aab8d8507df4fb6ba3ff77d87da3a4ce.jpg

4c53e054409e9d161e9996eea9c74f97.jpg

Looking forward to seeing it.

TMD

Looking Around
21/6/19

This might be a really stupid question, but if it's really easy to acquire gen Breitling parts, why don't the rep dealers make their rep watches from those and thereby avoid the flaws?

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
This might be a really stupid question, but if it's really easy to acquire gen Breitling parts, why don't the rep dealers make their rep watches from those and thereby avoid the flaws?

Because it tooks me a lot of time to find each parts and the prices are higher than mass production chinese rep parts. Rep dealers are only here to buy and sell mass production products.

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Rufctr2 I don’t see how you say that breitling is the easiest Swiss mfg to get parts. I’ve been looking for mint dials for a navi world for a year with no luck. I have never seen a b01 movement nor any of their 7750 ETAs that aren’t busted to hell. Hands are relatively easy to come by but the reps are generally fine. You don’t typically hear complaints about the rep hands. I’ve never seen a a case that isn’t mangled to hell nor a crystal for any navitimer post 2000 vintage.

Breitling is 100x harder than Rolex to buy gen parts. Can you provide some eBay searches or other websites that would Change my mind?

Reactions: Katarsis

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
Rufctr2 I don’t see how you say that breitling is the easiest Swiss mfg to get parts. I’ve been looking for mint dials for a navi world for a year with no luck. I have never seen a b01 movement nor any of their 7750 ETAs that aren’t busted to hell. Hands are relatively easy to come by but the reps are generally fine. You don’t typically hear complaints about the rep hands. I’ve never seen a a case that isn’t mangled to hell nor a crystal for any navitimer post 2000 vintage.

Breitling is 100x harder than Rolex to buy gen parts. Can you provide some eBay searches or other websites that would Change my mind?

YEs but in PMs ;)

Reactions: Mixcoast

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
I found one in m2m, TDs didnt find one and proposed me each time the JF Navi but it cant be use with the gen parts and an ETA7750

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
I can’t explain why, but this was super depressing to read...

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I think Kor the winner, I hope there’s comparison it’s look very accurate even i don’t trust blue Reps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Rufctr2 man!!! I think that is AWESOME what you did turning the BP into a gen!
I guess this also confirms that the BP is 41.8 and not 43mm