• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Movement of the 7750. Something to be worried about?

Adamonis

Horology Curious
8/6/19
Hi guys,

Long time reader, first time poster, so please bare with me! So I've been in the market for a good Breitling rep for a few months now. I think I've done my homework for the most part by spending hours and hours on this forum, going through old threads as much as I can. I decided to finally bite the bullet and make a purchase from one of the TDs here. I chose the Breitling Navitimer SS/LE White stk A-7750 for my first rep.

Well, after my order, the TD emailed me and told me that the watch I chose has the old version of the 7750 movement, and that the movement function is not reliable. I thanked him for his honesty, and began looking at his other Navitimers, but realized that almost all of them have the same 7750 movement, and the ones that didn't weren't that appealing to me. I don't really want anything other than a Navi, so my question to you is this:

How serious of a reliability issue is the 7750 movement? Also, what is your opinion of the watch I chose? Is it a good rep, or one with obvious flaws that can be easily spotted? Thanks in advance!

d4v3

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/3/13
I think they say that to lower expectations on you so if the movements comes defective or eventually breaks you "already knew"

in my experience if you invest in servicing the movement or even better, replace it with a swiss one, you will take the rep to another level
pre owned 7750s can be around 200€ (450€ new), if your budget is not that high try to services the movement and enjoy while it lasts and as it is
if you want something truly reliable, gen its the way.

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
If you service the movement and don't use the chrono it will be very reliable, I had a few 7750's go out on me but I was the third or fourth owner of the watch after 6 years.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Same here, some of my A7750's are 13 years old and still running strong

Adamonis

Horology Curious
8/6/19
Thanks a lot for the great advice, guys. I will definitely look into servicing the watch when the time comes.

As for the rep I'm ordering, what do you guys think? I know you need to see the QC pics to accurately judge (I'll post those as soon as I get them), but what is your opinion on the model. Is it fairly accurate, or a very obvious fake with lots of glaring mistakes? Thanks again.

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
It depends on which one you are talking about. There are many different versions out there with varying levels of quality and accuracy vs. gen. I would love to help (Navis are a bit of a specialty of mine) but I would need to know which version and manufacturer you are considering.

Adamonis

Horology Curious
8/6/19

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I am not familiar with this dealer, but I know from our trusted dealers on this site you can get much better for your money. The prints on the dial and have to ring leaves much to be desired and is certainly not the best version out there.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Hi guys,

Long time reader, first time poster, so please bare with me! So I've been in the market for a good Breitling rep for a few months now. I think I've done my homework for the most part by spending hours and hours on this forum, going through old threads as much as I can. I decided to finally bite the bullet and make a purchase from one of the TDs here. I chose the Breitling Navitimer SS/LE White stk A-7750 for my first rep.

Well, after my order, the TD emailed me and told me that the watch I chose has the old version of the 7750 movement, and that the movement function is not reliable. I thanked him for his honesty, and began looking at his other Navitimers, but realized that almost all of them have the same 7750 movement, and the ones that didn't weren't that appealing to me. I don't really want anything other than a Navi, so my question to you is this:

How serious of a reliability issue is the 7750 movement? Also, what is your opinion of the watch I chose? Is it a good rep, or one with obvious flaws that can be easily spotted? Thanks in advance!

As I mentioned in the other thread that you started the sticky that Andyr made has all the info in it that you need. Here it is: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/breitling-replicas/327878-rep-navitimer-guide

As far as the movement goes. the 7750 is a very reliable movement in it's native configuration. By native configuration I mean when the seconds subdial is in the 9 o'clock postion. Since not all watches have the seconds @9 and rep makers are limited to movements that are both available and affordable they don't have many choices that are automatic chronos. Most of the time they go with a 7750 or some variation of it. When they move the seconds away from the 9 position they need to add transfer gears to make the movement. This can cause extra stress & friction etc which in time can make the movement die prematurely. Here is a link to the A23322 version on intime: https://www.intime04.co/breitling/2...ial-numeral-markers-on-ss-bracelet-a7750.html All the TD's can get this watch. As you can see the seconds is at 9 on this one so the movement should be safe. Unfortunately the subdial @ 3 is frozen so it sort of makes the timer function sort of useless, but everything looks exactly as it should. Other than the subdial @3 thing this is an excellent rep.

If you choose to go with one of the reps that are repping the newer Navitimer, the Navitimer 01 then you are going to have to deal with the spacing of the subdials being incorrect. If you know what to look for this is a pretty obvious flaw. Unfortunately the rep makers do not have a choice as they do not currently have a movement that gets the spacing on the subdials correct so they just have to do the best they can and again if you know what to look for it is pretty obvious. It is up to you, on this watch you just have to either decide that you can live with one flaw or live with another flaw or just skip it and move on to another watch.

Adamonis

Horology Curious
8/6/19
As I mentioned in the other thread that you started the sticky that Andyr made has all the info in it that you need. Here it is: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/breitling-replicas/327878-rep-navitimer-guide

As far as the movement goes. the 7750 is a very reliable movement in it's native configuration. By native configuration I mean when the seconds subdial is in the 9 o'clock postion. Since not all watches have the seconds @9 and rep makers are limited to movements that are both available and affordable they don't have many choices that are automatic chronos. Most of the time they go with a 7750 or some variation of it. When they move the seconds away from the 9 position they need to add transfer gears to make the movement. This can cause extra stress & friction etc which in time can make the movement die prematurely. Here is a link to the A23322 version on intime: https://www.intime04.co/breitling/2...ial-numeral-markers-on-ss-bracelet-a7750.html All the TD's can get this watch. As you can see the seconds is at 9 on this one so the movement should be safe. Unfortunately the subdial @ 3 is frozen so it sort of makes the timer function sort of useless, but everything looks exactly as it should. Other than the subdial @3 thing this is an excellent rep.

If you choose to go with one of the reps that are repping the newer Navitimer, the Navitimer 01 then you are going to have to deal with the spacing of the subdials being incorrect. If you know what to look for this is a pretty obvious flaw. Unfortunately the rep makers do not have a choice as they do not currently have a movement that gets the spacing on the subdials correct so they just have to do the best they can and again if you know what to look for it is pretty obvious. It is up to you, on this watch you just have to either decide that you can live with one flaw or live with another flaw or just skip it and move on to another watch.

Got it. Thanks for the detailed response! Now I'm probably just gonna go with either an A23322 with a frozen subdial or the Navi world in black (BP version). Those 2 seem to get the most praise in regards to their accuracy. Thanks a lot!

Reactions: OldNavitimer

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Got it. Thanks for the detailed response! Now I'm probably just gonna go with either an A23322 with a frozen subdial or the Navi world in black (BP version). Those 2 seem to get the most praise in regards to their accuracy. Thanks a lot!

Either? Or??

slashFAslash

21/7/18
Since the gen classic Navitimers are B23 ie Eta 7753 based, would it be possible to swap in a gen ETA 7753 into a BP classic Navitimer and have the subdial @3 work without modifying anything else or would a gen dial also be needed?

I have searched on this subforum for this specific question but didn't find any straight answer, just some franken projects with gen dial and hands.

Last edited:

Adamonis

Horology Curious
8/6/19
Either? Or??

I can't seem to decide between the A23322 or the Navi world. Might just have to get both! Lol

Here's a question for you: I found two different versions of your white A23322 with brown leather strap on a TD's website. What's the difference, and which do you recommend?

1. http://www.trustytime.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_143&products_id=13397
2. http://www.trustytime.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_143&products_id=13072

Tinyspoon

Horology Curious
8/2/19
Dude, I’m getting the a23322 as the quality seems 100% better. Yes the chronos don’t work.. but I’d rather that than a sunken dial. Unfortunately everywhere is out of stock ( I’ve been waiting since March.. but have been told end of this month I should have it )

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I can't seem to decide between the A23322 or the Navi world. Might just have to get both! Lol

Here's a question for you: I found two different versions of your white A23322 with brown leather strap on a TD's website. What's the difference, and which do you recommend?

1. http://www.trustytime.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_143&products_id=13397
2. http://www.trustytime.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_143&products_id=13072

Order #1, but even if you ordered #2 you would still get #1. For a very short time in 2014 when these were released, they shipped with the wrong chrono needle and the running seconds hand was wrong (arrow hand from a Bentley). They quickly fixed it, but Andrew never takes items off his site. It is confusing, but you will get the right watch.

Adamonis

Horology Curious
8/6/19
Order #1, but even if you ordered #2 you would still get #1. For a very short time in 2014 when these were released, they shipped with the wrong chrono needle and the running seconds hand was wrong (arrow hand from a Bentley). They quickly fixed it, but Andrew never takes items off his site. It is confusing, but you will get the right watch.

Sounds good. Thank you!