• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

old SO44 - right markers?

mfl

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
23/3/19
Germany
Hi there,

today I received my SO44 from a M2M deal. It’s a great watch and I love it. But I have a few question which you Breitling experts maybe can help with.

First, the dots on the inlay between 60 and 15 seem to be not dots as per gen but tiny lines. Was there a version of the SO44 which looked like this? I didn’t find one.

Second, the bezel inlay is definitely not kautschuk. It’s hard and it’s painted. Is there a way to change the inlay?

Third, the 120 gaps in the bezel are dirty. Any idea how to clean this?

The seller was not able to tell the version. He said it might be a discontinued noob.

Here is a picture of this beauty.

Thanks!

VfS7N0.jpg

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
You can find plenty of pictutes on the web of this watch, but you need to look for Superocean abyss 44. The markers are correct for the older version you have there. Dots only came in a few years ago when model was updated. Bezel shouldn't be painted and that doesnt look line a noob to me.

mfl

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
23/3/19
Germany
thank your for the info. nice to hear, that the markers were correct for the older version.

I guess there is no way to get my hands on a gen inlay? Or if it would fit anyways? Does the newer SO reps have a kautschuk inlay?