• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Confused between GF DLC Superocean Special Black vs Noob Superocean II Black (on sale)

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
I'm about to order my next Breitling and confused between these two models. I used to like Superocean II for long time and when I decided to purchase I'm getting pulled to this GF DLC.

Superocean II is on sale now and will be $150 less than DLC Special. What would you choose?

shopping
shopping

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
For value, the noob can't be beat. But I love black cases, so I'd go with the GF (I also have a blue noob, so my opinion may not be unbiased).

However, from a purely asthetic position, I also much prefer the ceramic bezels of the super ocean specials vs the rubber inlay on the super ocean ii's

Reactions: MarkMarky

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
I would go the DLC GF, throw an aero strap on it and it will look even better!

I had the noob one and I just didn't like it for some reason when it was full price.

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I have both currently. I've bought several Noobs (on sale) and given them to friends as gifts (really). They are bulletproof. I've also owned the GF version of the Superocean II 44. I do not see a difference in build quality or reliability. So no need to fear the Noob. I love the design of the Super II 44 numerals, and it has ridiculously awesome lume. Of the 50+ watches I own, this dial is the easiest (to me) to read at a glance and have my brain register what time it is.

I also have the GF Super 44 DLC. It's a super-rep in my book. Build quality is superb. I cannot fault it.

The Noob is certainly a better value. The GF DLC is more unique. It really comes down to taste. I can personally highly recommend them both.

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
I have both currently. I've bought several Noobs (on sale) and given them to friends as gifts (really). They are bulletproof. I've also owned the GF version of the Superocean II 44. I do not see a difference in build quality or reliability. So no need to fear the Noob. I love the design of the Super II 44 numerals, and it has ridiculously awesome lume. Of the 50+ watches I own, this dial is the easiest (to me) to read at a glance and have my brain register what time it is.

I also have the GF Super 44 DLC. It's a super-rep in my book. Build quality is superb. I cannot fault it.

The Noob is certainly a better value. The GF DLC is more unique. It really comes down to taste. I can personally highly recommend them both.

Messages likes this say to purchase both, Lol!

What do you think Noob in Blue? Then I can buy both!

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Yes I have Noob in blue as well. Lots of pics in the Let’s see your Breitlings section

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Here's some pics of all three:

IMG_4720_zpsb0cuz22b.jpg

IMG_4717_zpsrex2pd6l.jpg

IMG_4719_zpsepy0szpd.jpg

IMG_4715_zpsuzfemy4x.jpg

I know the blue rubber bezel looks black in these pics, but its not. It's more a navy blue and can be significantly lighter in different conditions.

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
Here's some pics of all three:

IMG_4720_zpsb0cuz22b.jpg

IMG_4717_zpsrex2pd6l.jpg

IMG_4719_zpsepy0szpd.jpg

IMG_4715_zpsuzfemy4x.jpg

I know the blue rubber bezel looks black in these pics, but its not. It's more a navy blue and can be significantly lighter in different conditions.

Wow fantastic.. I asked and you have all the exact 3 watches.. Awesome pics as well!!

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
For me, I can't imagine not having the SuperOcean twins in my collection. I wear them a LOT. More than any Breitling, I think. They get as much wrist time as a Rollie Sub or Daytona. Plus the build quality is just about as perfect as you get. Rock solid.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China

Bustawatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/10/17
I also got both:
- Superocean II 44 in black on SS bracelet: it's a gorgeous beast.
- Superocean II Special DLC - stealth mode beasbeast.

I love them both, wouldn't be able to pick one over the other.

Reactions: OldNavitimer