• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Premier B01 Rep?

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
Anybody know if a quality rep exists or if any factory has said one is coming?
a20c6d027470cff5bcabc74f7834f333.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
No movement exists that would make this an excellent rep.

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
So, I’m no expert. This is the problem as I understand it.

The 7750 is the ONLY commonly found Asian chrono that has BOTH chrono function and date (think navi world)
The 7750 has sub dials at 12, 9 and 6. With seconds and 9.
If you want any other sub dial location, you have to take the 7750 and add some gears on the top of the movement that transfers the pinion to where you want it.
In this case you want a chrono minute at 3 (if you want it working at least). So you can do that (cool) but by adding the gears you add space between the dial and the date wheel.
This is why the speedmasters, the 43 navis etc etc all have sunken date wheels. IMO the aesthetics of having the dw flush is very important.
If you don’t want a working chrono minute, Its possible to have the dw flush. You simply have a fake sub dial that isn’t connected to anything. We see that with the frozen navis. But this also has an obvious tell. Too bad...
Those new GF chronomat airborns are an exciting exception to this. It seems they rigged a dw gear drive the makes up for the extra space. If this is something that they are really mass producing then it’s a new day for lots of different chronos that suffer from the sunken dw. It also means they can do chronos where the second is at 12 or three without the sunken issue.

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA

The 7750 is the ONLY commonly found Asian chrono that has BOTH chrono function and date (think navi world)
If you want any other sub dial location, you have to take the 7750 and add some gears on the top of the movement that transfers the pinion to where you want it.
In this case you want a chrono minute at 3 (if you want it working at least). So you can do that (cool) but by adding the gears you add space between the dial and the date wheel.
This is why the speedmasters, the 43 navis etc etc all have sunken date wheels. IMO the aesthetics of having the dw flush is very important.
If you don’t want a working chrono minute, Its possible to have the dw flush. You simply have a fake sub dial that isn’t connected to anything. We see that with the frozen navis. But this also has an obvious tell. Too bad...
Those new GF chronomat airborns are an exciting exception to this. It seems they rigged a dw gear drive the makes up for the extra space. If this is something that they are really mass producing then it’s a new day for lots of different chronos that suffer from the sunken dw. It also means they can do chronos where the second is at 12 or three without the sunken issue.

Wow great information, thanks for the write up

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
That would be amazing as this watch is beautiful

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Just want to point out that there isn’t a manual chrono with a date either.
Plenty if quartz options obviously. One “option” could be the seiko high beat quartz but it’s 2 or 3hz. The ultimate option would be the bulova precisionist p109 but they don’t sell those as far as I can tell. If they did.... oooo there would be a lot of options for reps sans decorated movement.

Reactions: jcher

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17

Why not turn the zf modded 7750 in IWC Portuguese on its side? Wouldn't that work?

The panda and Norton premieres look awesome.

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
yea you're right. Is this you?

Nah, just found a good perspective on Google. It's from the fratellowatches review.

I know it's not trivial to just rotate a movement though, especially with a date complication on top... but if zf did it once (albeit cloning IWC) then maybe someone can do it again. At least the sundials are relatively close to center dial rather than at the edge... that should help appearances if not 1:1 and maybe slightly reminiscent of omf speedies.

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Interesting picture. I have a picture somewhere of one of the transfer gears used. I’ll update this if I find it. It’s pretty tall compared to the date wheel itself. Maybe 2x. (I’m guessing .2 or so mm).
“They” certainly can mod the movement more by boosting the date wheel, but it’s more work for “them”. I guess the demand just isn’t there.