• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Chronoliner, to get or not to get?

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Hi folks,

Newbie here. I’ve tried to find posts on here about the Chronoliner, and found that it’s not a particularly popular style from our Breitling section.

Is it not even a NWBIG or Grade A like the popular Breitling? Or it’s just not a unpopular style? It also has the clone movement and I can’t really spot any big difference apart from Gen.... just the flares and maybe datewheel.

Is it worth it to get the Rep of the Chronoliner? Or should wait for the future when it has a better version??? Thanks in advanced.

Sent from the RWI App

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
The only versions I have seen are very poor quality. The ceramic bezel indices are very sloppy, and it would be nigh on impossible to fix them.

Reactions: Naughtylus

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
Is it worth it to get the Rep of the Chronoliner? Or should wait for the future when it has a better version??? Thanks in advanced.

I don't think there will be rep watch of a discontinued model. So, I don't think you'll get better version in future at all.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
There are many other Breitlings of better quality. Buy a GF watch and you will be happy. Any Breitling I bought from a no-name or 3rd tier factory I was disappointed in the quality. Always be suspicious if the factory name is not listed in the watch description. To answer your question. Don't waste your money.

Reactions: OldNavitimer

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Hahaha thank you all for the answers! Didn’t know the Chronoliner was discontinued! Don’t know why but I loved that watch when I saw it on a second hand platform! Guess will save it as a gen, and get other GF watches (*clear throat* avenger gmt) Rep for sure!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

WatchGuy887

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/11/18
There are many other Breitlings of better quality. Buy a GF watch and you will be happy. Any Breitling I bought from a no-name or 3rd tier factory I was disappointed in the quality. Always be suspicious if the factory name is not listed in the watch description. To answer your question. Don't waste your money.

GF Breitlings are overrated. I ordered a GF seawolf, it was considered to be a good rep. Certain aspects such as the dial color are spot on, but in general GF is very inaccurate with the case...way too thick. Font is always off. These are all things that are easy to correct, but they never will. You will never get anything quality built coming from China. As a Chinese person i can tell you that perfection is not a part od the Chinese mindset at all. Its a shame because if a Japanese factory ever stepped in the game, they would make flawless reps

Anyways, dont buy into all the hype. GF reps have a good reputation but they fall short by a significant margin. They look different and feel very different compared to gen

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I have to take umbrage with Jehuang87 and his opinion of GF products. I have several Breitling gens and GF reps - both of the same model - and GF quality and accuracy is outstanding. I have had two GF Avenger II Seawolfs and two gens - they are virtually identical. I have gen and GF Breitling Avenger Bandit - completely identical - why the GF Bandit v2 hasn’t made it to SuperRep status is beyond me. The Avenger II GMT is outstanding. I could go on...

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
GF Breitlings are overrated. I ordered a GF seawolf, it was considered to be a good rep. Certain aspects such as the dial color are spot on, but in general GF is very inaccurate with the case...way too thick. Font is always off. These are all things that are easy to correct, but they never will. You will never get anything quality built coming from China. As a Chinese person i can tell you that perfection is not a part od the Chinese mindset at all. Its a shame because if a Japanese factory ever stepped in the game, they would make flawless reps

Anyways, dont buy into all the hype. GF reps have a good reputation but they fall short by a significant margin. They look different and feel very different compared to gen

Welcome to RWI,
GF watches have minor flaws and I accept that fact since I only pay 10% of the price of a Gen. I have a Breitling Super Avenger in both Gen and Rep. I have to look at the serial number to tell which is the Gen. I buy Rep's as a hobby. I try to find the best Rep I can. and I enjoy the hunt. You can't name a factory that does a better job at producing Rep's than GF. If you know of one please tell me. While you are critical of your Seawolf, how many people do you know that can tell your watch is a Rep or Gen ? Most don't even know what a Breitling is.