• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling rep water resistance

David555

Looking Around
16/5/19
Hey. Someone can tell me how waterproof top quality Breitling reps can bee ? I saw in fewer websites that there 50 meters. But i know that is not really 50 meters . From yore experience please.

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
I have two Breitlings from GF, one Avenger Bandit and one Avenger GMT. Both watches have been waterproofed and tested to 10 bar (100m) by my watchsmith, so they can be pretty preassure resistant.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

David555

Looking Around
16/5/19
Im planning to get the avenger gmt too . If the watch already has screw crown and rubber band . What swatchsmith can add to the watch to sealed it iven more ? Im planing to go with the watch to light swimming in the pool in the worst case .

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
Im planning to get the avenger gmt too . If the watch already has screw crown and rubber band . What swatchsmith can add to the watch to sealed it iven more ? Im planing to go with the watch to light swimming in the pool in the worst case .

You can always get some silicone grease and grease the gaskets by yourself. I have done that to some of my watches. I also have an inexpensive preassure tester I bought on eBay. With that I can test the watches to 6bar (60m) before I go swimming with them.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: tkingjr

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16

If a watch is designed to be waterproof to a 100m or more the most common reasons it would leak is that someone has been careless putting it together. A broken, missing or kinked o-ring, a piece of hair or lint in the wrong place or an improperly greased o-ring could cause a leak. Anyone with a little effort can learn how to fix this sort of thing. First, you just test it. Most of the time it will pass and then there is no need to worry or do anything more. If it doesn't pass then the watch case back gets taken off and and you figure out why it is leaking and fix that.

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
All of my Breitling reps were good to 6 atm right out of the box (aside from my navitimer world that will never see any water). That being said, I still always regrease the case back gasket every time I open one up.

As for swimming, I leave my reps high and dry and swim with my gshocks. No point risking $300 on user error when I have watches specifically designed for water resistance/extreme duty.