• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Chronomat Evolution - Rep or Gen ?

JJOSEILLE

Horology Curious
21/5/17
Hello dear friends,

Do you know this moment when you get paranoid before buying a watch online ? :)

Your help would be much appreciated. Can you tell from the picture if this watch is Gen or Rep ?
I searched a potential thread with the tells of this model but couldn't find one.

Many thanks in advance.

https://imgur.com/a/YIRTMgI

JJOSEILLE

Horology Curious
21/5/17
Hello tkingjr,

Thanks for your reply.

I know how to find it at our TDs (I own a fair number of reps already) but this is not my goal.
I would like to buy it Gen, hence my question on a particular piece (not from ebay but from the same kind of website).

btw I'm surprised because your website states production year 2005-2007 while the seller claims it's from 2012 and I can find pieces on chrono24 produced much later than 2007.

Cheers

bobfrivor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/19
The gen used market is a tricky place to buy. Buy the seller first. If this is on Ebay and the seller has 9 positive feedbacks and no other sales, run. If you can't tell it is real for sure, run. When I buy gen, I usually go to a forum that is specific to that brand and buy from someone who has a lot of feedback from selling. If you are not comfortable buying used, then just get a new one.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Hello tkingjr,

Thanks for your reply.

I know how to find it at our TDs (I own a fair number of reps already) but this is not my goal.
I would like to buy it Gen, hence my question on a particular piece (not from ebay but from the same kind of website).

btw I'm surprised because your website states production year 2005-2007 while the seller claims it's from 2012 and I can find pieces on chrono24 produced much later than 2007.

Cheers

Becareful buying from an individual without verification that the watch is a Gen. Do you have other photos that show the model number and serial number?

See post #35 on this thread
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/the-brig/7727898-welcome-to-the-brig-harlequinsbenno/page3

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
As someone who made a pretty damn good franken of this watch, I can say that is a gen or at least a franken.

No reps had decent number printing on the tabs, and I have looked at every one sold here over the last few years.

I'd say you are good.

My fanken agrees (purchased a bezel just for the tabs, since the gen and rep bezels are a fraction of a mm different)

Also gen dial, hands and movement.
b716c0eab8d34815ac47140aec6332dc.jpg

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Last edited: