• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which Breitling to buy in Gen? Which is not repped easily?

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
I'm very into Breitling now a days. I want to buy a Gen Breitling provided that is not easily repped. Apart from Navitimers, which of the popular Breitling divers are not easily repped correct? Is there any model out there? Thanks

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Why not Navitimer?

The Navitimer is probably the most recognizable Breitling and if you get the Newer style 01 it is pretty easy to distinguish from any reps out there

Reactions: MarkMarky

KEV87iwc

Renowned Member
23/6/17
I have bought the navitimer rattrapante. Quote impossible to rep....
5b129894cd64e2b75796d84e0a81b3be.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
Why not Navitimer?

The Navitimer is probably the most recognizable Breitling and if you get the Newer style 01 it is pretty easy to distinguish from any reps out there

yes I agree. I'll buy Navitimer sometime in future.. I still need to warm towards it but currently looking at sports model but everything seem to be well repped already. I own SOH2 gen but looking at more options.

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
There's literally no halfway decent rep of the avenger hurricane if that style floats your boat.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
I love my Breitling watches and GF have produced many great releases. I always wanted a SOH (either I or II I’m not fussy) and was initially thrilled by the SOHII 42mm release and picked up the black dial and initially loved it because it was what I have always wanted. A few weeks passed and I picked up the gen mesh ss bracelet to go with it because hell I just loved it...but a few things always lingered like the loud movement, case size, dial print, date font and on the 42mm with no dial insert there just looked to be too much of a gap between the dial and crystal.

So in the end I went gen with the SOHII 46mm with my reasoning all of the above plus:

Absolutely terrible reps in SOH 46mm...not just terrible, give your money to charity and it will be better spent (plus it’s a tax write off!)
Blue sunburst dial is never repped close to gen, dial is night and day to rep
Gen blue croc leather with new style deployment not repped and gen straps are night and day between rep straps
Movement is butter smooth when adjusting and quite

In conclusion I have reps that I have that I would not go gen as they are too close and I do not see the value:

Breitling Avenger Seawolf HF
Breitling Avenger II GMT Blacksteel (correct date font) GF
Omega Aqua Terra VSF

Last edited:
Reactions: Newday

Drpepper1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/12/18
I’d also go for a Navitimer the new model even have a clear back showing the movement which I don’t believe has been replicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk