• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Superocean Outernown

Rex411

Horology Curious
10/3/17
I already posted a review of this watch in a different thread, but just searched RWI by model number and found this thread so thought I'd share.

I bought the Breitling Superocean Heritage II Chronograph 44mm - Outerknown edition M13313 from TSWatch (https://www.ts-station.cn/goods.php?ProId=25911), who I know is not a TD but the review is still valid.

THE GOOD
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Outward appearance is truly beautiful - a spectacular looking watch with its deep black reflective bezel and royal blue NATO strap. The bezel click is quite spot-on. The crystal looks great and the watch definitely has the heft of a gen. The Chronograph buttons work nicely and seem to mirror the youtube reviews on pressure needed. The dual spinning supporting timer dials at 12 and 6 work as expected. The seconds counter at 9 is so smooth with an imperceptible sweeping movement. The band fit is comfortable. The un-wind of the crown seems to match the Gen with @ 40 turns needed to allow setting of time. The case back is spot-on gen. The lume is as expected. [/FONT]

THE BAD
1) The mechanical function seems to be at issue. Sometimes (many times) I can hear some 'wurring', spinning, definitive rotational mechanical sound from the rotor. It lasts for a few seconds. It's very much like an airplane propeller slowing to a halt. I can also feel the 'spinning' when putting on the watch or sometimes just moving my arm. This vibration is very notable on the wrist.

2) Also, I can't seem to find a way to change the Day and Date separately. On the SOH II there should be a dual pull on the crown (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlDyYxOHCm4&t=208s) . The 1st position allows the independent set of the Day (counter clock-wise) and Date (clock-wise). On mine, the 1st position spins freely moving nothing. This means I can only change the Date by rotating a full 24 hours and can not separate the values so today on the watch it's Tuesday the 12th of November (not Thursday). This kind of makes the rep unacceptable unless I am missing some method to split these dials.

3) The Pearl is noticeably outset vs the Gen which is inset into the Bezel.

4) The band retaining straps are rounded vs a true square in the Gen.

5) The screws that are inset into the outer face of the bezel are placed incorrectly as per the Gen but at least are present in spirit (even if not functional).

6) The lines and numbers on the bezel are thinner than gen.