• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Navitimer from JF?

applestooranges

Known Member
18/7/18
Looks pretty sunken to me... Refer to the close up photos on the black dial. Not sure what they updated this time, but the proportions and position of the subdial at 6 looks really awkwardly imo.

VcQYXR.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Looks pretty sunken to me... Refer to the close up photos on the black dial. Not sure what they updated this time, but the proportions and position of the subdial at 6 looks really awkwardly imo.

Sub dial position for the 6 o clock sub dial is correct while it is wrong for the 3 and 9 sub dial - because of the limitation of the 7750 while the B01 uses a different spacing (more space between the sub dials toward the printed minute track.

DW is still sunken - maybe just a reissue of an old watch to bring it back to the minds of people as JF is more referred to AP nowadays while Breitling got forgotten.

BIONONE

28/4/17
There are Navitimers that are using the 7750. Why not simply rep those instead of these B01. What a waste.

because BP already got that monopoly and newer models are always the focus of nowadays new released reps... The trend goes away from 10 year (or older) old references...

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
because BP already got that monopoly and newer models are always the focus of nowadays new released reps... The trend goes away from 10 year (or older) old references...

Probably true. Still, I rather have the rep of the 10 year old model which is accurate than the model with obvious flaws.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

Thanks, from the blue dial pics it was not so obvious

Slumeet

Horology Curious
16/4/19
I'm new here, so forgive me if these observations seem noob. I was comparing the black version of this to an image I found through a Google search.

1. First observation was the images of the face from puretime seem to show the slide rule numbers are duplicated at the edges? Is that normal? Couldn't find that on any gen versions.
2. Like Bionone mentioned, seems like the 3, 6, and 9 faces on the rep are much bigger than the gen and are creating spacing differences
3. Also like Bionone mentioned, the 3 and 9 o'clock dials have the numbers angled instead of matching the 6 o'clock dial.

I'm partial to the Montbrillant line but seems like nobody's making them new anymore so it seems like the Navitimers are a good alternative but still hunting for a good rep.

BIONONE

28/4/17
I'm new here, so forgive me if these observations seem noob. I was comparing the black version of this to an image I found through a Google search.

1. First observation was the images of the face from puretime seem to show the slide rule numbers are duplicated at the edges? Is that normal? Couldn't find that on any gen versions.
2. Like Bionone mentioned, seems like the 3, 6, and 9 faces on the rep are much bigger than the gen and are creating spacing differences
3. Also like Bionone mentioned, the 3 and 9 o'clock dials have the numbers angled instead of matching the 6 o'clock dial.

I'm partial to the Montbrillant line but seems like nobody's making them new anymore so it seems like the Navitimers are a good alternative but still hunting for a good rep.

The montbrillant datora is made by JF if i am not mistaken and with all functions like the gen 7753 - they still produce them and last year a reissue was released... silently without a big announcement or so. Just ask a TD if he can get you one.

but maybe you are talking about a completely different montbrillant

Reactions: Mixcoast and vcappp

Slumeet

Horology Curious
16/4/19
The montbrillant datora is made by JF if i am not mistaken and with all functions like the gen 7753 - they still produce them and last year a reissue was released... silently without a big announcement or so. Just ask a TD if he can get you one.

but maybe you are talking about a completely different montbrillant

Thanks for the info, was referencing the Legende, but like the Datora as well so will reach out once I choose a TD.

korky7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/2/09
Wasnt there a non td or someone that was modifying the sunken date wheel on these navitimer from jf?

BIONONE

28/4/17
Wasnt there a non td or someone that was modifying the sunken date wheel on these navitimer from jf?

Yeah the guy that vanished away with hundreds of dollars even thousands from members...

korky7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/2/09
Oh wow....crap I missed that

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Yeah the guy that vanished away with hundreds of dollars even thousands from members...

He was modifying a JF Breitling Navitimer AB0120. His name was Louie. I finally received my watch with the help of our mods. He did a great job but didn't know how to run a business. When he was overwhelmed with orders he stopped talking to his customers while he tried to work on the watches.

BIONONE

28/4/17
He was modifying a JF Breitling Navitimer AB0120. His name was Louie. I finally received my watch with the help of our mods. He did a great job but didn't know how to run a business. When he was overwhelmed with orders he stopped talking to his customers while he tried to work on the watches.

didn't want to mention his name as even negative publicity is publicity hehe

was well aware of the situation...

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16

tkingjr
I remember Louie doing this and I was just about to pull the trigger on when just about the time when he stopped communicating and I put the brakes on it. Do you know what exactly Louie did to fix the sunken date wheel? Did he do anything else?

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
tkingjr
I remember Louie doing this and I was just about to pull the trigger on when just about the time when he stopped communicating and I put the brakes on it. Do you know what exactly Louie did to fix the sunken date wheel? Did he do anything else?

I don't know how he fixed the sunken date. If I ever send the watch for service I will ask.

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I don't know how he fixed the sunken date. If I ever send the watch for service I will ask.

Would you mind sharing a pic or two of this mythical beast? I’m sure several of us would love to see it!