• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Navitimer from JF?

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
IDK....
I know that the close up of the date window looks strange, but look at the Pic I am posting here from PureTime. If the actual date window looks like this in person I would have to say they must have done something similar to what Louie did to tkingjr's Navitimer. Obviously the 3 & 9 subdials are off, but hey.. Not perfect, but not all that bad.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Louie did say something about his mod not affecting the subdials. I did not understand so I didn't post the comments. I will look at the comments again and post

Last edited:

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Louse did say something about his mod not affecting the subdials. I did not understand so I didn't post the comments. I will look at the comments again and post

I am pretty sure what he was doing to the date wheel was just putting another layer over what was already there so it would push the date wheel closer to the dial and thus reducing the sunken date wheel look. I am guessing that JF has at the very least tried to address this somewhat and reduce that look. None of that would have anything to do with the dial spacing. I don't think Louie ever said anything about trying to address that issue.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I am pretty sure what he was doing to the date wheel was just putting another layer over what was already there so it would push the date wheel closer to the dial and thus reducing the sunken date wheel look. I am guessing that JF has at the very least tried to address this somewhat and reduce that look. None of that would have anything to do with the dial spacing. I don't think Louie ever said anything about trying to address that issue.

Here is a link to Louie's comments.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3u9gno5n4tkkwdf/Breitling Navitimer 01 with Louie's comments.pdf?dl=0

bitdrop

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/19
Is this the best Navitimer rep at the moment? I haven't dug deep but I'm inclined to get one as my second ever rep

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Is this the best Navitimer rep at the moment? I haven't dug deep but I'm inclined to get one as my second ever rep

Read the "Rep Navitimer Guide" thread that is a sticky at the top of this Breitling forum.

I could explain it all to you, but it is all in there already explained. The short version is all navitimers have flaws so you just have to choose which ones are least offensive to you and either go with that or go with a different watch.

Read the guide...

Reactions: OldNavitimer

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Oh shooky shooky. This looks like a new build. B01 with blue DW.
I wonder if they re-did the blue and it’s closer to gen.

https://puretime.io/blg2019042302.html

but for the life of me I don’t get why they don’t fix the slide rule so the lines go all the way.

Last edited:

vsigala

3/10/18
Southern California
34969-B08-8-E1-B-4211-9428-86-C3-C7-A8-C3-F2.jpg

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
All of these still have the sunken datewheel if you look at the detailed pics on the pt site. The problem is the gears and transfer plate necessary to move the 12 sub to 3 position and still have it working. These lie ove the DW. The fix is to remove the original DW and replace it with another, create a thin ring which is then glued to the outer edge of this so it doesn't foul the gearing and stick the original DW on top of this, thus closing the gap between dial and DW. Its a fiddly mod.

Reactions: Thatwatchguy

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
All of these still have the sunken datewheel if you look at the detailed pics on the pt site. The problem is the gears and transfer plate necessary to move the 12 sub to 3 position and still have it working. These lie ove the DW. The fix is to remove the original DW and replace it with another, create a thin ring which is then glued to the outer edge of this so it doesn't foul the gearing and stick the original DW on top of this, thus closing the gap between dial and DW. Its a fiddly mod.

That is pretty much what I figured. Thanks for the good explanation.

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
Hi guys,

I received QC of the JF Navitimer 01.
date wheel is white and indices not aligned. What do you think this? I believe the right model would have black date wheel.

Reactions: Mixcoast

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Hi guys,

I received QC of the JF Navitimer 01.
date wheel is white and indices not aligned. What do you think this? I believe the right model would have black date wheel.

reject it. You are right - the DW alone is enough. The misaligned slight rule could be a problem of angle as there is a small space between dial and the bespoken slight rule. But to be sure ask your TD to deliver some detail shots of the possible issues you spot.

Last edited:

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
Please help Navitimer experts!!

I have received my Navi JF, and although I know we shouldn’t be using the chrono function in a rep I did try it and it doesn’t work properly... the chrono seconds hand stops just before reaching 12o clock.
Should I reject this and send back... the chrono function should work on the JF, yes?

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Yes, chronos work on the JF, that’s why the datewheel is recessed.

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
My TD offered for me to send the watch back to have the movement replaced... the watch does work just not the chrono.... I have no knowledge about movements...not sure if I should take the risk of not having it repaired and hope that that is the only problem the moment has or take the risk of sending it back to China to be repaired... I don’t know anyone in London that could fix it locally... this might be the wrong thread but any opinions are welcomed. Thanks

replikmaster

I'm Pretty Popular
19/1/11
Received today
I really don’t give a f*ck about recessed dw. This watch is amazing!

e08392f4d6272857cc6b433ddabf262d.jpg

f7242a0cde3d829fcff9ff0892fd9743.jpg

8f6ce30e511179901d474b116fac16d0.jpg

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk