Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

New Navitimer from JF?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Navitimer from JF?

What do you guys think?

https://puretime.io/navitimer-01-ss-...let-a7750.html

Date appears to be non-sunken and all chronos working?

Looks pretty sunken to me... Refer to the close up photos on the black dial. Not sure what they updated this time, but the proportions and position of the subdial at 6 looks really awkwardly imo.

Comment

Originally posted by applestooranges View Post
      Looks pretty sunken to me... Refer to the close up photos on the black dial. Not sure what they updated this time, but the proportions and position of the subdial at 6 looks really awkwardly imo.
      Sub dial position for the 6 o clock sub dial is correct while it is wrong for the 3 and 9 sub dial - because of the limitation of the 7750 while the B01 uses a different spacing (more space between the sub dials toward the printed minute track.

DW is still sunken - maybe just a reissue of an old watch to bring it back to the minds of people as JF is more referred to AP nowadays while Breitling got forgotten.

Comment

There are Navitimers that are using the 7750. Why not simply rep those instead of these B01. What a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by hushhush View Post
          There are Navitimers that are using the 7750. Why not simply rep those instead of these B01. What a waste.
          because BP already got that monopoly and newer models are always the focus of nowadays new released reps... The trend goes away from 10 year (or older) old references...

Comment

Originally posted by BIONONE View Post

because BP already got that monopoly and newer models are always the focus of nowadays new released reps... The trend goes away from 10 year (or older) old references...
            Probably true. Still, I rather have the rep of the 10 year old model which is accurate than the model with obvious flaws.

Comment

Originally posted by applestooranges View Post
              Thanks, from the blue dial pics it was not so obvious

Comment

I've spotted the update....

NO.

BLUE.

SCREWS.

Comment

I'm new here, so forgive me if these observations seem noob. I was comparing the black version of this to an image I found through a Google search.

1. First observation was the images of the face from puretime seem to show the slide rule numbers are duplicated at the edges? Is that normal? Couldn't find that on any gen versions.
                  2. Like Bionone mentioned, seems like the 3, 6, and 9 faces on the rep are much bigger than the gen and are creating spacing differences
                  3. Also like Bionone mentioned, the 3 and 9 o'clock dials have the numbers angled instead of matching the 6 o'clock dial.

I'm partial to the Montbrillant line but seems like nobody's making them new anymore so it seems like the Navitimers are a good alternative but still hunting for a good rep.

Comment

All in all I think it’s a decent replica. All the sub dials work but the sunken date is an eye sore.

Comment

Originally posted by Slumeet View Post
                      I'm new here, so forgive me if these observations seem noob. I was comparing the black version of this to an image I found through a Google search.

1. First observation was the images of the face from puretime seem to show the slide rule numbers are duplicated at the edges? Is that normal? Couldn't find that on any gen versions.
                      2. Like Bionone mentioned, seems like the 3, 6, and 9 faces on the rep are much bigger than the gen and are creating spacing differences
                      3. Also like Bionone mentioned, the 3 and 9 o'clock dials have the numbers angled instead of matching the 6 o'clock dial.

I'm partial to the Montbrillant line but seems like nobody's making them new anymore so it seems like the Navitimers are a good alternative but still hunting for a good rep.
                      The montbrillant datora is made by JF if i am not mistaken and with all functions like the gen 7753 - they still produce them and last year a reissue was released... silently without a big announcement or so. Just ask a TD if he can get you one.

but maybe you are talking about a completely different montbrillant

Comment

Originally posted by BIONONE View Post

The montbrillant datora is made by JF if i am not mistaken and with all functions like the gen 7753 - they still produce them and last year a reissue was released... silently without a big announcement or so. Just ask a TD if he can get you one.

but maybe you are talking about a completely different montbrillant
                        Thanks for the info, was referencing the Legende, but like the Datora as well so will reach out once I choose a TD.

Comment

Wasnt there a non td or someone that was modifying the sunken date wheel on these navitimer from jf?

Comment

Originally posted by korky7 View Post
                            Wasnt there a non td or someone that was modifying the sunken date wheel on these navitimer from jf?
                            Yeah the guy that vanished away with hundreds of dollars even thousands from members...

Comment

Oh wow....crap I missed that

Comment

Working...
                              X