• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first navitimer arrived need strap advice

BabaNJ

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
11/12/16
New Jersey, USA
Many here on forum know me from my dj builds but i actually wear my Breitling 99% of the time. In the last year i have turned into a one watch guy and that watch is my blackbird. So to change things up a bit a got a navitimer. It arrived and as soon as i put it on i knew my 6.75 wrist cant handle it with the thick padded strap. So i was about to c&r it in m2m. Then i thought of trying it on some non padded straps and i actually liked it a bit better. My question is do you guys think a navitimer would look good on unpadded. I tried it on my nylon strap from blackbird and another croc strap i usually use on my blackbird. What you guys think? Also any suggestions on straps are most welcome. Thanks
VUuDL8.jpg

VUuuk3.jpg

VUuKVb.jpg

VUupg2.jpg

VUuv1d.jpg

This is the original padded croc strap
VUu1OZ.jpg

DanAL

Horology Curious
13/2/19
Looks great with the black strap!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Personally I would prefer the padded, it's a big watch and I like a strap in proportion with it:D

JJS123

12/3/18
Conus
I really like how it looks on a black nylon. In fact, I sold my World for the exact same reason you were going to and I have a 8" wrist. I primarily wear watches that are 44-47mm and for some reason this watch felt very top heavy on a padded strap. I had a buddy that put it on a 24" rubber aero with a pin buckle and it looked pretty nice.

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
I really like how it looks on a black nylon. In fact, I sold my World for the exact same reason you were going to and I have a 8" wrist. I primarily wear watches that are 44-47mm and for some reason this watch felt very top heavy on a padded strap. I had a buddy that put it on a 24" rubber aero with a pin buckle and it looked pretty nice.

Where did you get this version of the navitimer please ?

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Looks like a DHGate hybrid of an old Navi Fighters dial with Navi 01 logo and case. Would know more from the back.

BabaNJ

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
11/12/16
New Jersey, USA
Looks like a DHGate hybrid of an old Navi Fighters dial with Navi 01 logo and case. Would know more from the back.

It is an older model rep navi which they stopped making. I asked Michelle at silix if she can find one for me and she did. It is not a hybrid runs on a7750.

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
What I meant is the dial/case combination is a hybrid. The "Serie Speciale" Navitimer Fighters didn't use that case. Its hard to tell but it looks like that's a Navitimer World case - what size is it and whats the lug size?

BabaNJ

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
11/12/16
New Jersey, USA
What I meant is the dial/case combination is a hybrid. The "Serie Speciale" Navitimer Fighters didn't use that case. Its hard to tell but it looks like that's a Navitimer World case - what size is it and whats the lug size?

In td site description it said 40mm and lugs size is 22.