• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black steel Deployant

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Anybody have any leads on any good to great quality black steel deployant along the quality of the ARF sold as “gen”? I’m have zero luck sourcing anything.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
GF make one but the engravings aren’t as deep and crisp and the finish looks brushed when the gen is not. If I didn’t have the gen then I would be tempted by one.

Reactions: vcappp

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
I have a cheapo aliexpress one. Not the nicest quality as it doesn't have the quick fine adjustment for wrist size, but for $20 including the strap, I can't complain.

VUnBA2.jpg

I just wish the finish wasn't so glossy, but we'll see how the coating holds up.

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
I can’t for the life of me find a $20 version on ali. Any tips on what to look for?

Madcap

Known Member
2/10/17
I have a few as well, the polished metal one works in a pinch, but as the others have said, the quality isnt the best, and its light weight doesnt really balance the heavy watch head making it uncomfortable to wear, Id either stick with the GF tang buckle option or save up and get the gen deployant with strap combo

Bart Bever

8/2/13
Belgium
Oooh dear....
On the other hand, The rubber strap itself isn't to bad (for the price offcourse). It's super soft but the inside printing is wrong and the 'Breitling' name doesn't fade like the gen but goes from all raised to all embossed but thats not a big issue if you get it on deployant. Also not so strong on the resizing lines so be carefull when you cut it.
But as said, go for the GF Blacksteel or go gen if you have big money to spent.

Greetz!

Reactions: tkingjr

Less

30/9/18
DE
Can’t find the GF blacksteel. No TD can get it

I was looking for one as well. What I did was buy a GF watch with black deployment clasp. Win win since I really like that watch anyway. :)

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
I thought I’d report back with pics..

V8taiK.md.jpg

In this spread we have two cheap tri-fold deployants off of Ali and the ARF polishes steel. For what it’s worth the super ocean straps are gen.

Without a doubt you get get what you pay for, but the black steel is sufficient enough until I upgrade the SO 44.

Some close ups:

V8tBOT.md.jpg
V8t5Ie.md.jpg
V83ZsA.md.jpg
V83EZQ.md.jpg

It’s pretty easy to spot the cheap ones. I have now idea what letter that’s supposed to be... a heart Emoji?

i think I’ll try to get that gf sooner rather than later

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929