• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Chronomat 41 Airborne

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
Ha yes, we could setup a sub forum to help the factories!

They have hard time reproducing letters, I don't think they would read and understand anything we would say..

Typing error has always been here in reps. Sometime it's on the case back and I can live with it, but on the dial it's harder to swallow .

Last edited:
Reactions: tkingjr

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
They have hard time reproducing letters, I don't think they would read and understand anything we would say..

Typing error has always been here in reps. Sometime it's on the case back and I can live with it, but on the dial it's harder to swallow .

You are correct. I have a Chronomat with the wrong model number. I figured they just didn't want to make another caseback when they had extras that fit.

Minty Hummer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/11/18
Maldives
well i have some bad news for anyone of yall who really wanted the airborne, i just got a message from andrew saying ''sorry the model you're purchasing is out of stock now due to manufacturing errors''. Hmmm, then why the hell would you have new watches in your website when you dont even have a stock in the first place?

am i being scammed guys? i will ask for an order cancel and a refund but im not sure if im going to get it.

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
Andrew is a nice guy. You are not being scammed and stock problem happens.

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
well i have some bad news for anyone of yall who really wanted the airborne, i just got a message from andrew saying ''sorry the model you're purchasing is out of stock now due to manufacturing errors''. Hmmm, then why the hell would you have new watches in your website when you dont even have a stock in the first place?

am i being scammed guys? i will ask for an order cancel and a refund but im not sure if im going to get it.

I don’t think you’re being scammed. I’ve spent an absurd amount of money with Andrew, and this isn’t the first time for a stock issue. He should treat you right.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Stock issues are part of the game, and whilst TT is not a TD I have not had any issues with Andrew.

Minty Hummer

7/11/18
Maldives
I don’t think you’re being scammed. I’ve spent an absurd amount of money with Andrew, and this isn’t the first time for a stock issue. He should treat you right.

but why would he have a post of a new watch on his website if he isnt sure about stock in the first place? doesnt make sense

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
but why would he have a post of a new watch on his website if he isnt sure about stock in the first place? doesnt make sense

Oh please ???? as many have said it is part of the hobby, accept it or go and buy a gen and stop winging about it

Reactions: OldNavitimer

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19

It’s kinda like journalism these days. It doesn’t count that you got the story RIGHT, only that you got the story FIRST.
‘His suppliers give him X amount of info which is believed to be accurate at the time of release.
Andrew, like most everyone else, is a retailer with a wholesale account with X suppliers. He never physically carries inventory. He never touches your watch.
So when circumstances change with the wholesalers, he is usually just as surprised as you are.

Minty Hummer

7/11/18
Maldives
Oh please ???? as many have said it is part of the hobby, accept it or go and buy a gen and stop winging about it

Oh post-scamming is part of the hobby i see. No wonder he got expelled from the TD list, because he seems to be the only dealer with that kind of hobby.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Oh post-scamming is part of the hobby i see. No wonder he got expelled from the TD list, because he seems to be the only dealer with that kind of hobby.
Stick around bud you are going to provide plenty of entertainment with your peachy attitude.

Go ask other TDs if the watch is in stock and see what happens
:popcorn2:

Reactions: OldNavitimer

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
@Minty Hummer Out of Stock problems happens all the time. The TD checks stock, then the TD arrived at the factory to buy the watch it is gone. They are sold out fast if a popular watch. They could be released and have a problem with a supplier. You have to just deal with it. When I bought a Breitling Blackbird when it was released the crown was made of steel and didn't match the watch plus the steal was gauling the thread. The watch was out of stock for months. I have found some TD's are better at checking than others but it happens. I just leave my order in place and wait and wait. Eventually, I receive my watch. Four or five months has been my longest wait.

Reactions: Thatwatchguy

cchronk

Looking Around
15/2/11
I just ordered one of these and the spelling mistake has been corrected!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: tkingjr

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19

No you are not being scammed. The "factories" definition of "stock" is very different in the rep world. I've dealt with Andrew dozens of times, and I've had the same thing happen to me. I'm sure he will sort things out to your satisfaction. He's just the middleman trying to facilitate the transaction. The concept of "stock" can vary daily, and he (and just about all the TDs) has absolutely no control over it.

And be thankful they aren't selling you one with the obvious "TACHYMERE" error.

Reactions: Minty Hummer

ernien

Renowned Member
23/9/12
Ontario, Canada
Woohoo!
35jj7k3.png

Reactions: vicad