• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V4 GF Blackbird

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Foxxfire The staps used with a deployant clasp are different than used with a buckle. They have holes on the edges for the spring bars. I bought my extra straps from my TD.

hu87r.md.jpg

hufpF.md.jpg

huJmg.md.jpg

hub7Z.md.jpg

hZ3oD.md.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Foxxfire

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
Thanks!
Any idea where I can source a DLC coated "Blacksteel" deployment clasp fitting in colour and material the blacksteel case?

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
Nice watch!
How do I order from Lucy?
Does Lucy provide triangle shipping to the EU?

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
Folks, I need your wisdom.
The Bezel on my Blackbird does not align precisely (see pic). How complicated is it, do correct this misalignment?

20190711_11041180jep.jpg

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
Unfortunately not. If I rotate the bezel one further click, the pearl's position is between the "59" minute marker and "60".
Either way I have to decide for a pearl's position between "59" and "60" or a postion between "60" and "1". There is no chance to position the pearl precisely above "60".

destiny500

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/19
Hi guys, has anyone tried putting the ZF blackbird crystal in the GF? Would it fit? The GF V4 has a really strong blue reflection at certain angles as someone mentioned here before. The ZF crystal is more gen-like from what i can see. Thanks in advance

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Nice watch!
How do I order from Lucy?
Does Lucy provide triangle shipping to the EU?

You send lucy an email [email protected]. Lucy can source the items you want. The extra straps are difficult to get without an order for a GF watch. If you have never ordered from Lucy you need patience. She is very very slow but her QC is exceptional so you are rewarded with the best Rep she can find. Plus she tests the watch for a week. If you can't wait you should pick another TD.

cyblade

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/4/18
At now it's very hard to find out a blacksteel deplo clasp that match 100% the color of the case.
Keep in touch with my contact and will let you know news.

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
At now it's very hard to find out a blacksteel deplo clasp that match 100% the color of the case.
Keep in touch with my contact and will let you know news.

Alright, but how to keep in contact with "your contact"?

cyblade

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/4/18
when i have news i pm you with contact information.

Jfsuit

Horology Curious
19/9/20
V4 22 or 24 mm strap?

Enviado desde mi SM-N960F mediante Tapatalk

destiny500

21/5/19
Hi guys, has anyone tried putting the ZF blackbird crystal in the GF? Would it fit? The GF V4 has a really strong blue reflection at certain angles as someone mentioned here before. The ZF crystal is more gen-like from what i can see. Thanks in advance
2 years late but finally managed to source a ZF double AR crystal and fit it to my GF blackbird. Also tightened the bezel and swapped in a PT5000 mvmt + swiss eta datewheel at the same time. ZF's crystal dimension is the exact same as GF, so yeah, this answers my own question back in 2019. For other owners here who are looking to upgrade their crystal, this is a cheaper alternative to prof 2xAR

colorao01

10/3/10
I had GF and ZF, i prefer ZF becouse GF case is grey and crown is black, and ZF case is the same colour that crown and same colour that gen, becouse GF is grey.

obispo

21/12/15
I ordered a blackbird gf after asking TD the availability. After two weeks waiting, i asked about the situation. Now I have been informed that gf is not working recently.

I am not happy about the situation but wanted to inform anyone if considering to order this model.

CPH2113 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Last edited:

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
The factories are being raided by the police for the last few months. Some may never return. You can find a thread or two about this problem. If I get a watch in under 8 weeks I am delighted. I have 5 watches on order. One is recent, the other 4 go back to August. One will ship next week. The others have no date in sight. I am not the least bit worried. I just have to wait.