• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can you please tell me if they both are the same watches ? Breitling Avenger II chrono

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Here is the dilemma. On both of the case back's the model number is A13381. This is the number for the Avenger II chrono that is 43mm in diameter. The Skyland Avenger A13380 is 45mm. But Intime is showing the case back from an Avenger II. I think only H factory made the Skyland Avenger. They were seized 2 years ago. I dought you will find one from a TD. If you want the Avenger II Putetime is showing you the correct information. Sometimes the photos are not correct. I always confirm using BreitlingSource.com. See the links below. I have both of these watches. The Avenger II from GF is a great watch. Also on occasion, the watch is released with the wrong case back that the Factory was using on another watch. My Skyland Avenger has the correct case back A13380. Here are the pics of the Skyland from August 2016 and pics of the Avenger II Chrono by GF from January 2018. The watch is almost the same except for the diameter.

VZpU50.md.jpg

VZpZZA.md.jpg

VZpU50.md.jpg

VZpZZA.md.jpg

https://www.breitlingsource.com/watc...enger_288.html
https://www.breitlingsource.com/watc...venger_77.html

Last edited:

Toksic

Known Member
25/10/18
Thanks a lot Tkingjr. Now it’s making sense. I really appreciate for the time you too to reply in detail. I am interested in the GF Avenger II chrono. If you have the watch do you mind telling me if the blue dial is closest to gen or the grey ?

Sent from the RWI App

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
If you want an Avenger II, have you considered the Bandit? It's a titanium super rep and spot on (I have both rep and gen) and I can't tell the difference without looking at the serial number.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Thanks a lot Tkingjr. Now it’s making sense. I really appreciate for the time you too to reply in detail. I am interested in the GF Avenger II chrono. If you have the watch do you mind telling me if the blue dial is closest to gen or the grey ?

Sent from the RWI App

I have both Black and Blue of the Avenger II Chrono's. I think blue is OK. It looks the same as my Gen Super Avenger with a Blue dial. Keep in mind I am not known for being very good with color. The only people that would know the blue is off are our RWI members. I just buy what I like and enjoy. Black is always the safest color to buy. I have a grey Skyland Avenger in front of me. I like the color.

@OldNavitimer suggested the Bandit. It is a fabulous watch. I bought a second Bandit to use as my beater on the weekends. I like because the scratches don't show at all. My other hobby is woodworking so it takes a lot of abuse. Any GF watch you buy will be good.

The GF Breitlings are all in the $300-$400 range. These are far far better than the cheap Reps for $100 or less. GF is making the best Breitling Reps. If you are set on a blue dial buy it. Then look for a Gen dial and have one of our watchsmiths install the Gen dial for you.

Welcome to RWI and enjoy.

Last edited:

solidmetal

Horology Curious
12/11/18
Chicago, USA
Toksic I just ordered the GF avenger ii chrono in black from puretime a week ago. Not sure if you know but GF Factory was raided last November so they were out of business until last week. It was during this time I became smitten with the avenger ii! Well they came back and angus at puretime told me there is limited stock so I ordered right away since I really want it. He’s always been straight with me about what to buy and not so I believe him. Hopefully the quality is same old GF breitling quality. I’ll post the q.c pics so people can judge if GF quality is still there. Btw I’m new too!

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
You can’t post QC pics unless you have a specific problem. It is against the rules. If you need help send me a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Toksic

Known Member
25/10/18
Toksic I just ordered the GF avenger ii chrono in black from puretime a week ago. Not sure if you know but GF Factory was raided last November so they were out of business until last week. It was during this time I became smitten with the avenger ii! Well they came back and angus at puretime told me there is limited stock so I ordered right away since I really want it. He’s always been straight with me about what to buy and not so I believe him. Hopefully the quality is same old GF breitling quality. I’ll post the q.c pics so people can judge if GF quality is still there. Btw I’m new too!

solidmetal thanks a lot mate. Do you mind PM ing me the QC pictures when you get them. I will really appreciate it.

Sent from the RWI App

Toksic

Known Member
25/10/18
Thank You for all your valuable input guys. I have ordered the titanium avenger bandit today. Think I will wait for the Avenger II chrono a little bit longer until the supplies pick up again.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Thank You for all your valuable input guys. I have ordered the titanium avenger bandit today. Think I will wait for the Avenger II chrono a little bit longer until the supplies pick up again.

You will be pleased with the quality of this watch. Here is a link to resizing the strap. Go slow with a sharp razor knife.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7lokcnz58...strap.pdf?dl=0

Toksic

Known Member
25/10/18
Got my QC images today and the watch looks awesome. Can’t wait to have it on my wrist. Would love to share the pictures but both pict.me and post image.org are not uploading my pictures for some reason. Any ideas ?

Alangep

2/10/14
Got my QC images today and the watch looks awesome. Can’t wait to have it on my wrist. Would love to share the pictures but both pict.me and post image.org are not uploading my pictures for some reason. Any ideas ?

Where did you finally buy it?

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16

Toksic

Known Member
25/10/18
tkingjr Thanks a lot man it worked like a dream. Really appreciate you help. Please have a look at the pictures and let me know what you think? Initially i though the date "6" is not centred as more gap on the bottom. Then i asked for pictures of other dates and think it was the angle of the pic taken rather than date itself. Really loving the watch so far. Thanks again for all your input.

Toksic

Known Member
25/10/18
@Alangep i got the watch from TD Asian7750. This is my second buy off him. I already bought a Noob V9 black dial last November. Now I think i like the hulk better and thinking of replacing with one.

Reactions: Alangep

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
tkingjr Thanks a lot man it worked like a dream. Really appreciate you help. Please have a look at the pictures and let me know what you think? Initially i though the date "6" is not centred as more gap on the bottom. Then i asked for pictures of other dates and think it was the angle of the pic taken rather than date itself. Really loving the watch so far. Thanks again for all your input.

I would accept the watch. The 28th looks good. I just might be who wound and set the time. If the 28th was off it would make sense the date wheel was in the wrong position

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16