• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF and Avenger V3 is back!

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
This is great news! I JUST posted the other day how I just fell in love with Breitling only to have had the best factory get shut down. It doesn't appear that there's a super rep of the Avenger II chrono but is there any consensus or opinions about a good one? tkingjr you said you have almost every Avenger, do you have any chronos? Any recommendations? Thanks!

I have two of the chronos and one GMT. All Reps have minor flaws. If you buy a good Rep like GF makes nobody can see the flaw unless the handle the watch and are one of our RWI members. I have a Gen Super Avenger and the exact same watch made by H factory that is so good I have to look at the serial number to tell which is Gen. The only Breitling better than a GF Breitling is a Gen.

Breitling Avenger II Chronograph A13381 43mm GF Black Dial on SS Bracelet
Breitling Avenger II Chronograph A13381 43mm GF Gray Dial on SS Bracelet
Breitling Avenger II GMT A32390 43mm GF Blue Dial on SS Bracelet

korky7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/2/09
So I emailed trusty whom is not a dealer here and he said put your order in for any brielting...the factory is back up. I also looked at Ryan at intime and it looks like he has added all the gf breitlings ba k onto his website!

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
Guys forgive my ignorance but after looking at the ZF avenger blackbird isn’t the gf inferior? The CGs look bad and the AR and DLC looks lighter than ZF IMHO. Not sure which one to purchase at this point. Haven’t seen any comparisons on here. And yes I’ve used the search function. Lol cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pantera87

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/1/19
Indeed ZF has better AR crystal, along with better strap (apparently, i don't own that particular piece that is what other customers said). But I think that is where its pros end, ZF has horrible engravings on the bezel that scream rep from 2 light years away. Plus the general craftsmanship seem way inferior to GF. One thing that remains to be seen is if the GF factory will be as good as before shutting down. The situation around their return has been surrounded by mystery and none had pieces from the new factory yet, so quality has yet to be confirmed

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Indeed ZF has better AR crystal, along with better strap (apparently, i don't own that particular piece that is what other customers said). But I think that is where its pros end, ZF has horrible engravings on the bezel that scream rep from 2 light years away. Plus the general craftsmanship seem way inferior to GF. One thing that remains to be seen is if the GF factory will be as good as before shutting down. The situation around their return has been surrounded by mystery and none had pieces from the new factory yet, so quality has yet to be confirmed

This is the key factor imo. The factories are really just assembly points for the parts they source from third parties. So if GF were closed down, how deep did the authorities go in the supply chain. To me the quality GF have achieved is likely due to finding and working with very speciific suppliers who can provide this quality, have the suppliers also been hit.

The fact GF are back up might suggest a deal has been worked out in the interim, or they have just set up in another location. Lets hope its the former and their supply chain remains intact. We will soon find out.

cyblade

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/4/18
Just ordered Avenger GMT dlc V3. with pro dive III and dcl deployant.

Punkskelm

Known Member
8/3/17
HI everyone, So i have been looking at the NWBIG list, and i seethe Avenger GMT II SS and DLC is Super Rep, but i cant find them on a TD, can someone please link me the exact model they are refferring too ?

Thank you so much

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
Great news. Lets just hope that the watches from GF 2.0 will be on par or better than their predecessors.

I'm very interested in seeing how the new Super Avenger turns out.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Anyone actually order post CNY...pics on TD are all pre closure.

Alangep

2/10/14
If GF has returned with the same stock he had, it is most likely that they are the same watches, it does not seem that he had time to start over with everything from the beginning. Maybe they are even exactly the same ones that were never destroyed, not a new version v3.
I have ordered an avenger 2 and waiting for the QC

Reactions: vcappp