• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF factory

Derik429

28/7/13
I spoke to Andrew (trusty time) tonight and he said GF factory will open again in March? Not sure if true, but wanted to pass along. Has anyone else heard any news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Job CF and vcappp

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I don't know how much truth lays in statements like this - maybe he wants to hold funds of already paid watches... (He is not a TD anymore here)

Even though - if it is true the rep world will profit from this as they made the best Breitling reps until now.

bicska

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/7/18
I don't know how much truth lays in statements like this - maybe he wants to hold funds of already paid watches... (He is not a TD anymore here)

Why did he lost his reputation here? He is still TD on repgeek.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I spoke to Andrew (trusty time) tonight and he said GF factory will open again in March? Not sure if true, but wanted to pass along. Has anyone else heard any news?

Hmmm as I understood the maker himself was arrested therefore it might be someone else is taking his name and re-starting the business...let's see if the quality will be the same, GF attention to small details was amazing

• Wow
Reactions: Job CF and vcappp

Derik429

28/7/13
Hmmm as I understood the maker himself was arrested therefore it might be someone else is taking his name and re-starting the business...let's see if the quality will be the same, GF attention to small details was amazing

That’s what I heard too, I have always dealt with Andrew and he’s been top notch for years, so a big part of me believes he’s telling the truth. Time will tell!

Reactions: Dollhorn

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17

I don't know exactly mate. But you get no support over here if you have to deal with certain issues buying from him...

bicska

7/7/18
No, thanks, not here for support with dealers, I have already dealt with Andrew several times in the past, and he was excellent, that is why I was wondering why he lost the trust of this community.
Regarding GF, I was looking for a Franck Muller recently, and Andrew was able to source it from GF, he stated he is in connection with the owner of the factory, who was obviously not raided. So his source of info might be relevant.

Reactions: vcappp

Derik429

28/7/13
I don't know exactly mate. But you get no support over here if you have to deal with certain issues buying from him...

That’s great news too, I asked him about GF Breitlings when I heard about the raid and he said he was able to get some, but not the specific one I was looking for cause of bezel

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16

He and Josh (Perfect Clones) are some of the largest rep dealers by volume. They used their buying power to form a "cartel" of sorts and leveraged it to unfairly compete against the other dealers. RWI doesn't support that sort of behavior so they lost their endorsement as Trusted Dealers from RWI.

Reactions: Katarsis and vcappp

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
No, thanks, not here for support with dealers, I have already dealt with Andrew several times in the past, and he was excellent, that is why I was wondering why he lost the trust of this community.
Regarding GF, I was looking for a Franck Muller recently, and Andrew was able to source it from GF, he stated he is in connection with the owner of the factory, who was obviously not raided. So his source of info might be relevant.

Me too. I have been waiting for some factory to release a Franck Muller V41 model. the vanguard V41 is really nice. The V45 by TF is not bad but it is way too large. If a new owner takes over hopefully they can produce some more vanguard models.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I was told by another one of the TD's over at RWI that gf was remaking the watches and would be back too. I asked about a timeframe, but I didn't get any info on that. It seems as though some in the know are hearing similar things. Hopefully they are right!

bicska

7/7/18
He and Josh (Perfect Clones) are some of the largest rep dealers by volume. They used their buying power to form a "cartel" of sorts and leveraged it to unfairly compete against the other dealers. RWI doesn't support that sort of behavior so they lost their endorsement as Trusted Dealers from RWI.

Thanks for the clarification.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I sure hope GF opens up for business again. Their Breitling reps are excellent. Their watches were even better than the old H Factory Breitlings. You can search on RWI and find out the history with Andrew and Josh.

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
Indeed made the best Breitling reps. Although I only have the one. Just by comparing the gf to omf, it's far superior

Would definitely be trying more if they come back
9ecb9c1bcc146493c2f02d4cf9b2d240.jpg
456b257955bdf3f9aa2bf1004c4c417c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
It's a Christmas miracle! Hope they are back soon, I'm itching to pick up another Breitling!

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
I'd imagine we'd hear more after CNY. Seems as if the rep factories are slowing down in anticipation of their break.

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
I hope a new GF factory is behind the curtain, and new Frank Muller releases will be launched.