• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seawolf Avenger v1 vs v2 Questions

investinwaffles

Renowned Member
16/6/11
Hi folks,
So I have an "original" v1 Seawolf Avenger in yellow (on a gen pro II bracelet)

I remember a "v2" Seawolf coming out a while back but didn't feel the need to upgrade immediately.
As time goes on, my Seawolf has become one of my favorite watches.

I am thinking about modding it (lume and straightening the breitling logo on the dial), but then I remembered there was a v2 that was supposed to correct the HE valve position and was the updated Avenger II design as well.

Does anyone know which one is more accurate? And general differences between the v1 Seawolf and V2 replicas (other than the design differences between the Avenger and Avenger II)??

To my knowledge, my original V1 is really damn close to gen. Mine is so smooth, I would not be surprised if it actually had a genuine ETA 2824-2 as the seller stated it did. My gripes with it are that the HE valve is wrong, and that the lume is standard rep-grade of the time which was not very good. My AR is a bit blue but extremely good - the crystal disappears under everything but direct reflections

Should I upgrade or mod this one?? The Gen Pro II bracelet would obviously be swapped over so straps aren't much of a concern

Thanks in advance!

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
HFactory made the original avenger Seawolf v1 and v2, and I believe the fixed the issues in their V2.

GFactory made the avenger II Seawolf, and was pretty darn close from what I understand.

However, both have been raided and ceased opperations as far as I know. The only way you can get ahold of either is to buy a used one or hope your TD can find some old stock in the markets somewhere.

I'd advise you just mod yours as it sounds like it has sentimental value for you.

Reactions: vcappp

investinwaffles

Renowned Member
16/6/11
HFactory made the original avenger Seawolf v1 and v2, and I believe the fixed the issues in their V2.

GFactory made the avenger II Seawolf, and was pretty darn close from what I understand.

However, both have been raided and ceased operations as far as I know. The only way you can get ahold of either is to buy a used one or hope your TD can find some old stock in the markets somewhere.

I'd advise you just mod yours as it sounds like it has sentimental value for you.

Nice, that is what I was wondering actually - if there were v1 and v2 of the original Seawolf or if the "v2" rep was just the Avenger II wolf.

Bummer about both ceasing operations. Not much sentimental value but I do think I would prefer the Avenger II dial over the original (red automatic script, polished numerals, date window looks a bit different).

Might see if I can still source one. Are the GF and HF v2 Seawolfs super-lumed do you know?

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
My HF V2 is not super lumed but my GF Hong Kong editiin does look like it is.

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
There are following gen versions of the Avenger Seawolf:

Seawolf titanium E17370
Seawolf 1 SS A17330
Seawolf 2 SS A17331

H-fac made the Seawolf 1 A17330 in 3 versions (v1-v3)
V1 had a bit too small stencil numbers on the dial, not superlumed and afaik no AR on crystal.
V2 had nearly perfect dial. AR on crystal and superlumed. No more option for blue dial version.
V3 has got gen like bezel assembly which can be disassembled removing the screws. Good He-valve position. This is the best Seawolf rep ever made if you choose the swiss eta version!

The white dial version never has been replicated by H-fac. The same for stick marker dials (blue and black).

Fyi: Stick marker dials on A17330 have got a red „Automatic“ font. Stencil number dials not. They are written in white.

G-fac made the Avenger 2 Seawolf A17331.
Good rep with some flaws. Bezel not thick enough. Rims of 6 and 9-marker a little bit too thick. Small squarish lume dots on dial a bit sloppy. No option for SS bracelet. Unfortunately. But allover a decent rep, too.
Available in black, grey yellow with chromed stencil numbers. Also available with black stick marker dial. All dial versions of the A17331 have got red „Automatic“ writing.

Personally I‘ve got a grey faced H-fac v3 with swiss eta and gen clasp. Nearly impossible to differ from the gen. One of the best reps ever made. Super solid and gen construction.

d756491cac229aff5eddca72373b5544.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Great info....just a shame both makers are no longer around:(

investinwaffles

Renowned Member
16/6/11
Man, that grey dial - definitely a beaut. Makes me want a grey one too...

I might have a H-factory V2 then, but definitely no superlume. Strong double AR on the crystal, can't tell about the numbers without having a gen next to it though.

One thing that bothered me on my dial is the placement of the B wings is like 1mm too low.
Can that be rectified by a watchsmith or modder if I decide to get it superlumed? No clue what type of adhesive is used on these things...

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
The „B“-logo is fitted with 2 little pins on its backside which fit into very small holes in the dial. You can pry off the logo using a needle from the dial backside.
Then you may cut/grind the pins away and carefully glue the logo back on its new place below.

BTW:
H-fac’s so called superlume does not last very long on my v3...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: vcappp

mincus8

29/10/14
Such a beautiful watch! I believe i have the V3
11e6841af42feefdb72615f0a2123c3f.jpg
fd23dda7d5fc19d8fa2d9f1ce56793fb.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk