• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Oiling the rotor on SOH II Miyota 0215

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Morning lads,

just bought a small vial of Moebius oil to grease the rotor on my SOH II from GF. As it sports a Miyota 9015 it's a bit noisy, as is to be expected from this movement.

My question is, where do I exactly apply the oil? My guess is n the ball bearings, but unfortunately they are not visible as this is a modified Miyota made to look like Breitling caliber B20:

96Z6p.jpg

What do the experts think? Is there anyone who did the trick on this specific rep?

Nivka Thatwachguy elconquistador

Reactions: csthe

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
I haven’t but I would imagine that there’s a deco plate over the middle of the rotor. Pop that off and there should be a tiny screw or three underneath. Take them out and the the rotor should pop off. I’d then oil it from the underside. But I’m not an expert so follow my advice at your own peril!!! Lol

Reactions: vcappp

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I haven’t but I would imagine that there’s a deco plate over the middle of the rotor. Pop that off and there should be a tiny screw or three underneath. Take them out and the the rotor should pop off. I’d then oil it from the underside. But I’m not an expert so follow my advice at your own peril!!! Lol

Don't worry, I'm very well aware of that, eyes open ;) So you think it's better to oil it from the underside?

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
You could try from above first but I haven’t had much luck with that myself. You can always try again from below if it doesn’t work from above

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Yes, it’s a deco plate that sort of “snaps” in over the screws. I got it off by not realizing it was a plate and pushed a bit harder than usual until the tabs made themselves obvious.

I couldn’t really get it back on to a point that I felt safe that it would never come off so I kept it off.

Reactions: vcappp

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Yes, it’s a deco plate that sort of “snaps” in over the screws. I got it off by not realizing it was a plate and pushed a bit harder than usual until the tabs made themselves obvious.

I couldn’t really get it back on to a point that I felt safe that it would never come off so I kept it off.

Thanks for this info! Was it maybe glued on?

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
That’s possible but I guessed at the time that there is a tab that you see under a loop. As beautifully decorated the movement is, having three screws vs 1 visible doesn’t bother me, so I didn’t care.