• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New GF Chronomat 44 Blacksteel

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Looks good
dlc? pvd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apollo1965

Known Member
31/1/16
Date font not even close, I cannot understand how you can make a replica with all that precision yet cannot get the correct date font. Its seems the date font should be the easiest thing to get correct on a rep!

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
puretime description says pvd.

which is correct info....?

PVD is the process. DLC is the coating.

PVD = Physical Vapor Deposition
DLC = Diamond Like Carbon

All GF breitling watches that are black coated have been with DLC so far...I doubt they would change it just for this one...

Reactions: csthe and vcappp

cyblade

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/4/18
They said to change in V2.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
PVD is the process. DLC is the coating.

PVD = Physical Vapor Deposition
DLC = Diamond Like Carbon

All GF breitling watches that are black coated have been with DLC so far...I doubt they would change it just for this one...

thanks for the information

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I have a Breitling in PVD and DLC. PVD looks like paint. DLC is a coating that is not opaque black. DLC is more resistant to scratches and gray/black in color. Here are 3 pics. The first two are PVD, the third is DLC.

Reactions: vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
I have a Breitling in PVD and DLC. PVD looks like paint. DLC is a coating that is not opaque black. DLC is more resistant to scratches and gray/black in color. Here are 3 pics. The first two are PVD, the third is DLC.

thanks for the good example showing the difference. thank you.

by the way, what is the name of the second watch? which factory? which version? size? the design looks cool! i would like to buy it if it is not too big.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
thanks for the good example showing the difference. thank you.

by the way, what is the name of the second watch? which factory? which version? size? the design looks cool! I would like to buy it if it is not too big.

It was the first watch I bought from Marvellous Replica as I joined RWI. At the time the TD's were not touting the makers unless it was H Factory. Puretime has it. Here is the link. It is 44mm. In general, the Chronomat's are 44mm. My wrist is 6.75", I prefer 44mm. I will even wear a Super Avenger at 48mm on occasion. But that is just me. At the time it came with a bracelet. I have nothing bad to say about this watch.
https://puretime.io/chronomat-raven-...rap-a7750.html

Reactions: vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
It was the first watch I bought from Marvellous Replica as I joined RWI. At the time the TD's were not touting the makers unless it was H Factory. Puretime has it. Here is the link. It is 44mm. In general, the Chronomat's are 44mm. My wrist is 6.75", I prefer 44mm. I will even wear a Super Avenger at 48mm on occasion. But that is just me. At the time it came with a bracelet. I have nothing bad to say about this watch.
https://puretime.io/chronomat-raven-...rap-a7750.html

thank you very much for the information!